Aimed at building greater research capacity, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has consistently been striving for excellence and distinction in the areas of Research and Innovation in the subjects of national importance and has supported the regulatory initiatives aimed towards bringing Indian economy back on the growth trajectory.
It is said that ‘Research is formalized curiosity’. Over a period of time, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Programme has evolved gradually from its purpose of ‘knowledge dissemination’ to ‘knowledge creation’. This shift in emphasis has, thus, created an ecosystem of advanced research and publications.
We are happy to share that the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) through its Research Committee had introduced ICAI Doctoral Scholarship Scheme in 2020 for the members who wish to pursue Ph.D.
The said scheme seeks to provide requisite support by way of monthly scholarship to the eligible candidates with outstanding academic credentials, intellectual curiosity and needed discipline to make scholarly contribution. The candidates under the Scheme have to demonstrate their independent research ideas through publications in top class academic journals and make scholarly presentations of their work. Their contributions should extend not only to business practices, but also to public policy and governance.
Taking the initiative forward this year as well, we invite you to ICAI Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2021 and would be happy to know your academic interests if you have the inclination and commitment towards research that shall further strengthen your career.
Doctoral scholarship will be awarded to registered Ph.D. Scholars from UGC recognized reputed Indian Universities/ Deemed Universities/ Colleges, IIMs having University/IIMs approved Ph.D. Programme to pursue and complete their Doctoral Research in Auditing, Taxation, Commerce, Management and Accounting. The candidates must have confirmed Ph.D. Registration.
Click here to view / download the complete announcement on - ICAI Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2021
Application Form for 'ICAI Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2021'
- Name of the Applicant:
- Date of Birth:
- Mobile no:
- E-mail id:
- ICAI Membership no:
- Marks% in 10th Standardand Year of Passing:
- Marks% in 12th Standard along with stream and Year of Passing:
- Marks% in Graduation along with stream, and Year of Passing and University Name, if applicable:
- Marks% in CA Foundation and Year of Passing:
- Marks% in CA Intermediate and Year of Passing:
- Marks% in CA Final and Year of Passing:
- If Post-Graduate degree% of marks, Year, subject with Name of the University:
- If MPhil, Name of the University:
- If NET/SLET,Year of Passing:
- PhD Registration/enrolment number:
- Whether availed/awarded any Doctoral Fellowship from any other body/institution:
Enclosures to be sent to Secretary, Research Committee along with the duly signed application form and to be forwarded by the Guide duly signed and stamped by the Institution (Please tick/reply against the enclosures submitted)
- Research Proposal in not more than 3000 words
- Abstract of Research Proposal in not more than 300 words
- Self-Attested copy of Class X Marksheet
- Self-Attested copy of Class XII Marksheet
- Self-Attested copy of Pass Certificates for Class X & XII
- Self-Attested copy of proofs of qualification for NET/SLET/MPhil etc
- Self-Attested copy of ICAI Membership
- Self-Attested copy of PhD Enrolment/Registration
Note: The scanned copy of application form along with the enclosures may be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org . However, while awarding the scholarship, original documents of all the enclosures shall be mandatorily required.
I hereby declare that the information given in this application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. Further I had not availed UGC Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)/Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF)/ Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF)/ICSSR/ICAR/CSIR/ICPR/ICMR/ICHR or any such doctoral fellowship awarded.
(Signature of the applicant)
Signature of the forwarding authority along with Stamp/Seal