The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs will make available Form GSTR-2B in the afternoon of 14th November as its generation commences after the end of the due date of GSTR-1/IFF filing on 13th November.
What is GSTR 2B?
- Form GSTR-2B is an auto-drafted ITC statement that is static.
- It is a Summary statement showing ITC available and non-available for every section.
- GSTR-2B has been made available from August 2020 onwards. It can be generated by recipient taxpayers once a month on the 12th of the month next to the tax period.
- It guides on what action is to be taken on each section.
- Document-wise information such as credit notes, invoices, and debit notes enabling viewing and downloading.
- Import of goods & import from SEZ entities.
- The summary in Form GSTR-2B is bifurcated into the ITC available and ITC not available:
- ITC Available: A summary of ITC available as on the date of its generation and is divided into credit that can be availed and credit that is to be reversed
- ITC not Available: A summary of ITC not available and is divided into ITC not available and ITC reversal
How can GSTR 2B be generated?
Post-login mode on the GST portal Navigate to Services > Returns > Returns Dashboard > File Returns > GSTR 2B Tile to view and download Form GSTR2B statement of a tax period.Tags : gst gst return gstr 2b