Directives/Instructions for the contesting candidates and members in the matters relating to elections the council/ regional council-2010
The ICSI Election to the Council/Regional Councils – 2010 is to elect highest policy making bodies at the Central and Regional levels. The Members and the Contesting Candidates are advised to exercise utmost Self-Regulation to maintain and uphold the highest and healthy traditions in the ensuing elections to enhance the glory and prestige of The Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
With a view to maintain healthy and peaceful atmosphere during the election process and for ensuring free and fair election, the Returning Officer in execise of the authority vested in him in Clause (viii) of Sub-Rule (4) of Rule 42 of the Company Secretaries (Election to the Council)Rules, 2006, issues the following directives / instructions for compliance by the Contesting Candidates and Members in the matters relating to Election to Council/Regional Councils – 2010:
1. No contesting candidate/member shall create any website / portal in regard to ICSI Elections to the Council/Regional Councils 2010 without the prior written permission of the undersigned.
2. No contesting candidate shall upload his/her appeal on his / her / firm/ company’s website. In this regard reference is also made to Clause (xxii) of the “Election Code of Conduct”.
3. No contesting candidate shall provide name(s) of the client companies in his appeal / menifesto.
4. No contesting candidate shall include photographs of the logo / official magazine of ICSI.
5. No contesting candidate shall send SMS to members requesting to “Cast his / her valuable vote on election day” or like nature to improve the voting. This is being done by the Institute.
6. No contesting candidate shall inlcude the areas of specialization in his appeal as the same are in contravention of Clause (6) and Clause (7) of Part-I of the First Schedule of the Company Secretaries Act, 1980.
7. No member and/or contesting candidate shall post appeal/ menifesto to webgroups, social networking sites or chat rooms or create the community or do registration in social networking sites in the name of any contesting candidate (s).
8. The members are entitled to exercise their vote, on preferential basis, in favour of the contesting candidates within the Regional Constituency irrespective of their location within the said Regional Constituency. No contesting candidate or group of contesting candidates shall advice / pressurize the members contrary to the above.
9. No contesting candidate shall issue SMS regarding 'Good Morning' 'Good Evening' and like.
10. No contesting candidate/ member shall send any communication in regard to appreciation/recommendation/adverse comments about the other contesting candidate(s).
(CS N K JAIN)
Returning Officer & Secretary & CEO