Xml upload error

While uploading XML file, for ITR3 the following error message appears: "The XML Schema is invalid. Please upload the XML in correct Schema. At line number 16: The value 'Ver1.0' of element 'ITRForm: Schema Ver' is not valid. Can someone guide how to resolve this issue. Urgent Reply is needed

 

Replies (6)
Hi Prabhakara,
Firstly ensure that you have downloaded the latest version of java utility. If you did, then ensure you have filled all the required fields.
Generally, XML file will not be generated if there are errors. But seldom there are cases where XML is generated and error occurs while uploading. Then you have to avoid pre-filling the ITR and enter all the particulars manually.
I am facing same issue for ITR2. Any help further?
Hi KK009,
I faced the same issue with ITR2. Enter all the details in the ITR manually and avoid pre-filling the ITR. I did the same. It works. That's what I have elaborated in my previous comment.

Understood, that's really bad implementation from IT department.

Hi Sarath, Thanks for your tips. The problem happened because I downloaded the Excel Utility Form 1 month back but later IT Dept has released the other version of it, so it was giving error. I downloaded the latest version of Excel Utility refilled the details & then error got solved. Thank you

You are welcome @ Prabhakara 😃

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details