Wrong minor head for challan 280

Dear Experts,

 Need you kind help in this matter.
  I got intimation to demand Rs. 1300 as tax payable.

 I e-filled the challan 280, with Minor Head as 300 [Self Assesment].

Now,
      My question is this correct ?
     or I should have selected Minor Head as 400 [Regular Assesment] ?
     Will it really impact as the required money is already submitted to IT detpartment ?

 

Regards
- Nitin

Replies (5)

it is correct

Originally posted by : geetha

it is correct

   Not sure if this is "Really" correct.

   As per my understanding if IT departmant demands under section 143(1) we need to fill challan 280 and Minor Head 400 [ Regular Assesment].  Self Assesment is before the demand by IT department.

 

 Kindly help me expets .....

-Nitin

Nitin,

Minor head will be 400 (Tax on Regular Assessment).

You said that you deposited the demand electronically under Minor Head 300. In that case, you will have to contact your assessing officer for its rectification. It is a simple process. Draft a letter addressing the problem to the AO. It should be rectified in no time.

Dear Experts,

Kindly help me in below matter

As we filled challan in wrong minor head 400 instead of 200. Is there will problem rise in future for this mistake. kindly help.

Regards

Vaman Warang

I had done the same mistake, I got a demand note in the year 2017, however I made the payment under Minor Head 300 [self Assessment] instead of Minor Head 400 [Regular Tax Assessment]. I drafted a letter in the year 2017 and handed over to my Assessing Officer in HMT Bangalore IT office. I got the acknowledgement receipt from them, but nothing has been fixed yet. Today after 2 years I received the same demand note asking me to make the payment. There is no way I can find to raise any complaints online, it's a pain to go to their office and spend the whole day and get no outcome.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details