Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Wrong deductee code in TDS Challan

Sunali (Learner) (1317 Points)

03 March 2009  

While paying TDS online, deductee code has been wrongly mentioned as "0020" instead of "0021".

What will be the consequences and solution for this mistake.??

Please..its urgent..

12 Replies

Harshvardhan Arora (Article) (153 Points)
Replied 03 March 2009

as far as i know, u need to submit an affidavit certifying that the challan deposited related to which head, clarifying the correct head for deposit of challan and the wrong head under which it is deposited

Sachin (Chartered Accountant) (419 Points)
Replied 03 March 2009

Dear Sunali,

there is no problem you should do all work as you do not do mistake. if there is any query comes from departmet, you make clarify it. please write me mail for any query my email id is sachinagarwalcallb @ gmail.com

Sunali (Learner) (1317 Points)
Replied 12 April 2009

Originally posted by :Sachin
" Dear Sunali,
                                   there is no problem you should do all work as you do not do mistake. if there is any query comes from departmet, you make clarify it. please write me mail for any query my email id is sachinagarwalcallb @ gmail.com
"

Thanks Sir..

It actually worked as you advised.

Minnal (Apprentice) (98 Points)
Replied 15 February 2011

In case of a company deducting tax from its employee's salary, while filling the TDS challan to pay the TDS deducted by the company what should be the code 0020 a company deductee or 0021 noncompany deductee. Employee is the deductee and he is a non company dedcutee 0021. Am I correct.

Pankaj Arora (Learner) (3129 Points)
Replied 18 February 2011

0020 company deducte (pvt.ltd. or public ltd.)

0021 non company deductee ( individual, huf, firm)

MITALI (Account assisstant) (21 Points)
Replied 08 May 2012

i have made payment partly company & non- company in one challan only..

my qyery is ...

while filing return should i change Non- Company Nature of Assesse in to Company  or

i should enter same challan no. twicely as per deductee code?

plz suggest it urgent..

Mitali Patel/Ashwini Mahindrakar

Afreen Shaikh (Accountant) (22 Points)
Replied 08 August 2014

While paying TDS online, deductee code has been wrongly mentioned as "0021" instead of "0020".  What will be the consequences and solution for this mistake.?? its urgent..kindly help me

Thank you,

Afreen Shaikh

Afreen Shaikh (Accountant) (22 Points)
Replied 08 August 2014

While paying TDS online, deductee code has been wrongly mentioned as "0021" instead of "0020".  What will be the consequences and solution for this mistake.?? its urgent..kindly help me

Thank you,

Afreen Shaikh

Shadab Ahmad (Manager Finance & Taxation)   (22 Points)
Replied 27 May 2015

Originally posted by : Afreen Shaikh

Thank you,

Afreen Shaikh

You Need not to bother about it. Just file your TDS return as you did not do any mistake as elarlier in this tread Mr Sachin posted.

Dishita (Student CA Final ) (27 Points)
Replied 07 March 2017

Plz suggest me if I select wrong coad while making payment of tds what will be happen plz reply me its urgunt

Saurabh Sancheti (4 Points)
Replied 08 August 2019

Dear Sir,

we paid the TDS amount of 192B under the company deducted (0020) from 6 month, what will  consequently we have to face

and please suggest us how rectified it into the challan  

Saurabh Sancheti (4 Points)
Replied 08 August 2019

While paying 192B TDS online, deductee code has been wrongly mentioned as "0020" instead of "0021".  What will be the consequences and solution for this mistake.?? its urgent..kindly help me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register