Working towards it.....

BALASUBRAMANYA B Npro badge (CCI STUDENT....) (44668 Points)

01 October 2012  

Working towards it

If you think it, you can achieve it. And if you can constantly tell it to yourself, you can achieve it. Enter visualization and auto suggestion, two powerful tools that could walk you up the success path. Two tales tell you how.

A reporter once asked Arnold Schwarzenegger, “Now that you have retired from bodybuilding what are you going to do next?” And the man with the unspellable name said, “I am going to be the number one box office star in Hollywood. “The reporter was stumped. For, Arnold`s first attempt at movies was a disaster. His Austrian accent and clumsy build meant that audiences wouldn`t accept him. So the reporter asked him as to how he planned to become Hollywood top star. “It`s the same process I used in body building, “Arnold explained. “ What you do is create a vision of who you want to be, and then live into that picture, as if it were already true.”Today he is the governor of California as well.

If you want to succeed, imagine you have already succeeded. If you want to get a Top-Ten Rank, tell yourself that you have got one! And work towards it. Think positive. You can create your own future through the powers of your mind. If you feel inferior to others, then that is what you will become. But if you consider yourself a notch above others, if you consider yourself successful and superior, then that is what you will become. That`s the power of visualization.

Your father tells you in the evening, “You must go to the airport early tomorrow. You have to pick up your up your grandparents, arriving by the 6.00 AM. Don`t forget that, ok. “You immediately set the alarm clock and tell yourself, “I have to get up at 5.30 AM come what may. : You repeat these words again just before you go to bed. The next morning you wake up with a jolt. You fumble for the light, blink and grab the alarm clock. It`s 5.25 AM! You are up, even before the alarm has chimed. You share this experience with your friends and eight out of ten say, “Yes! It happened with me also.

That`s the power of auto-suggest. It`s a powerful technique of preparing yourself for the things to come. Exploit this technique to condition your mind. The technique reminds you, every now and then, of the goals you have set for yourself and keeps you away from distracting thoughts.

If you are going to write the Nov 2012 exam and are aspiring for an All-India Rank – then auto-suggest yourself by changing your mail password to AIRCANov2012. If you had failed in the previous exam, change the screensaver on your computer to a scrolling marquee: “I shall Pass.”

Use these techniques to make your dreams come true..

Imagine you are walking up the ramp to receive the prize from the chief guest at a glittering function arranged by ICAI.

All the best guys...