Why CA' s cannot leave office early

CA Vishal (CA working in industry) (620 Points)

17 March 2010  

Hi Friends,

Right from my articleship days We always work more than the  stipulated hours . Whenever we wanted to leave on time. Our  principal questions us  as to how can we  go home early?  This is time to learn . We have to file tax returns close audit points etc . But yest in terms of stipend he pays me same ..... No incentives No motivation etc 

After I cleared my CA exams. In my first job when i stared leaving on time. I was told How can you leave on time ? it is your first job you have to learn so many things . Learn to slog harder .. I switched jobs and gradually changed my job as well  But everywhere one thing was common We cannot leave our offices in time .. The same situation is with my friends as well . I have tried to put the excuses for asking us to sit late

1) You are professional. How can you leave early?

2) The nature of our work is such that it requires late sitting

3) This report has to be submitted too the mangement today itself... etc......

I just want to Know that there so many other things to do in life Why we cannot leave office in time...like others?. I hope all of you will agree that since over job involves high concentration we should not be  working for too many hours.

I would like to Know if any of the principal or employers have told you to go home early any day.. To be honest I have yet to hear this.... MAy be OUR senior CA professioanls and in practice need some manageemnt lessons on motivation and managing people....