Who broke down the walls of jericho?

A school inspector is visiting a grade 4 class in a local school in Soweto. He is introduced to the class by the teacher, Miss Wesizwe.

 

She says to the class: "Let's show the inspector just how clever you are by allowing him to ask you a question."

The inspector decides to ask a Biblical question. He says: "Class, who broke down the walls of Jericho?"

For a full minute there is absolute silence. All the children just stare at him blankly.

 

Eventually Sipho raises his hand and the Inspector points excitedly to him.

Sipho stands up and says: "Sir, I don't know who broke down the walls of Jericho, but it wasn't me."

The inspector looks at the teacher for an explanation. She says: Well, I've known Sipho since the beginning of the year and I believe that if he says that he didn't do it, then he didn't do it."

The inspector is shocked at the level of ignorance. He storms down to the principal's office and tells him what happened.

The principal replies: "Look, I don't know the boy, but I socialise every now and then with his teacher and I believe her. If she feels that the boy was not involved, then he must be innocent."


 

The inspector can't believe what he is hearing. He grabs the phone on the principal's desk, dials the Minister of Education and relates the entire episode, and asks her what she thinks of the education standard in the school.

 

 The Minister sighs heavily and replies: "Eish, wena, you know I'm very bezy. I don't know the boy, the teacher or the principal. Just get three quotes,        add 50% for me, and have the wall fixed by my brother."

Replies (3)

Good one Madhavi ji yes....

but

 

even I was not involved.....laugh

This Jherico Wall refers to Biblical during the  period  ( 300 AD ).in Jerusalem the Birth place of Jesus Christ.

Very nice question.

yes

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details