While booking cost for a subsidiary company

Dear Gurus,

 

I am a parent company accountant, got an invoice for my subsidiary. How can I treat this in my books of Accounts.

 

Like I will Dr Cost/Exp & Cr Supplier

Then I will book a Debit Note in my system like Dr. My Subsidiary & Cr Cost/Exp & also raise the debit note to my subsidiary so that he can pay me off at the end of year.

Kindly provide your valuable advice or rectify me if I am wrong. Also I am going to pay the same in my books(for information)

Replies (3)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses how a parent company accountant should record an invoice received for a subsidiary. The proposed method involves debiting the cost/expense and crediting the supplier, followed by booking a debit note against the subsidiary. The advice suggests treating inter-company transactions like regular purchases, including claiming input credit and ensuring payment within 180 days of the invoice date, as they are distinct legal entities.

Since subsidiary company and holding company are two different companies under Companies act. Any transaction between two will be same as regular purchase or sale transaction.

Hence you have to book it as regular purchase availing input credit and payment for same has to be made within 180 days from invoice date.

Dear Guru,Thanks for your quick response.

HD o relationship and you are so beautiful I 😍 u so I don't want you so 

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details