Which itr form to be filled

Good Afternoon Sir,


from f.y.19-20, I started trading in NSE
as a beginner I bear some loss

I am trading from my home

now I want to know for income tax return filing for a.y.20-21, which form is to filed by me


Thanks in an advance
Replies (5)
Quick Summary
If you've been trading shares from home and incurred losses, you might be wondering which Income Tax Return (ITR) form to file. Generally, if your only income source is share trading (intraday or positional) and you have some savings interest, ITR-2 is likely appropriate. However, if your trading activities are considered a business (e.g., a retail shop), you'll need to file ITR-3.

Based on information given,
You can file ITR 2 (if you have this loss, any salary income or any income from other sources..
but if you have any business income also along with this, than you have to file form ITR 3.
First of all thanks
during f.y.19-20, I was only engaged in retail trading
& having nominal saving bank interest amt
Bank account is not the criteria.
It's basically the nature of income.
In case you want to scale it up and your income is under a seperate co. it is seperate.
"engaged in retail trading" it's means share trading or you have other retail trading business (i.e retail shop)

If You have other retail Trading shop than its business income a required to file ITR 3.
otherwise you can use ITR 2
I am having demat account & doing intraday or positional trading only for me
I am doing my work from my home

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details