Where to file complaint against wrong tds entries in 26as.

Kamalakar Agashe (Chief Engineer Turbine) (92 Points)

02 August 2017  

I have an SCSS Account in Post Office and Krishna Nagar HO Delhi 110051 is responsible for deducting TDS from Quarterly interest. I get the interest after deduction 10% TDS in PO Savings Account but don't see proper entries in 26AS. I had submitted grievance on India Post website but was advised to meet a Lady who co-ordinates complaints of TDS and submits to some CA who works on behalf of the Post Office for TDS. In FY 2016-17 I did not see any entries for Apr-June 2016 and July-Sep 2016 in 26AS and visited the Post Office and met the Lady. She posted the TDS for the entire year in Oct-Dec 2016 quarter giving Transaction Date as 30/09/2016 and Date of Booking as 04/02/2017.

Subsequently another entry for Jan-Mar 2017 quarter appeared giving transactio Date 28/02/2017 and Date of Booking as 03/06/2017. I visited the Post Office and requested her to reverse the entry since she has posted the TDS for entire year previously. The CA tried to reverse the entry twice but a negative and positive entry appears every time.

Meanwhile the Lady is transferred and a new girl is posted who does not know anything but connected a call to the CA. I explained the matter to the CA that the entry for Jan-Mar 2017 is genuine but since the entire TDS amount for the whole year was already posted the amount being shown in Jan-Mar 2017 quarter is excess now. The CA promised to correct the entry but what is he fails to do.

I am fed up visiting the Post Office again and again and would like to lodge a complaint with ITO.

I would like to know whether I should file the complaint to ITO (TDS) (LTU), DELHI or to the ITO of my Ward Circle where I file return or both.

Kamalakar