Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

What is retainership payment

Seshagirirao Chepuri (1 Points)

12 June 2017  

Dear all ,

I have joined a Firm for Marketing and administration .They have kept me on Retainership and offered me a payment of 52000 as retainership.Last month I have received 52000 retainership as 'claim' with a deduction of 5200 as TDS and another 1800 towards EPF contribution.I dont have any kind of savings for Tax savings and no other source of income also.

Now what I have to do  avoid TDS at sorce and also what expenses I can claim to Income tax refund as I donot have Tax saving like house loan LIC etc.I stay in rented house paying 10,000 rent.

Can I get help please?

Thank you

Shashi Kumar

2 Replies

Naman Jain (2 Points)
Replied 12 June 2017

Retainership Fees is not covered under the provsions of Salary head and taxable as professional or contractual payment as per mutual agreement with such company. On seeing your TDS amount it seems that they have deducted TDS u/s 194J which means it is for Professional Services. Since you do not have any other income, your income is below the basic exemption limit and hence you can claim whole of such TDS as refund by filing the income tax return.

ABHINANDAN JAIN (CA Student) (886 Points)
Replied 07 July 2019

Since they have deducted TDS under section 194J, then under which head it should be shown in ITR..

Can it be shown under Salary..?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags