I was working in 2008-09, in a Pvt ltd company as a consultant. We were getting commission there and TDS was deducted from the commission i left that company and my annual income is not more than one lakh I have recently received a Emil from IT department that email showing my TDS credit amount I do not know how to claim TDS. Can I file my return and get back the TDS Amount, if so kindly advice through which form should I file to ge back TDS or what is process to claim
Please get form-16A from your employer and file the return for salary i.e.ITR2. I am assuming you are salaried. For further querries please write to me. You can claim refund of TDS only by filling return.
As you were working as a consultant and getting the the income as commission that means it was income from business and proffession and therefore you need to file ITR-4 to claim the refund but before that you need to get form 16A from the deductor