What is C Form?

Shrikant Sanjayrao Mirjapure

Shrikant Sanjayrao Mirjapure (Accountant)     29 July 2011

Shrikant Sanjayrao Mirjapure
Accountant 
 21 points

View Profile | My Other Post

DEAR SIR,

AT THE TIME OF SELLING GOODS TO ANY GOVT. DEPARTMENT THAT TIME TAX IS NOT APLICABLE. (MEANSE RATE OF GOODS IS INCLUDING TAX)

IS IT RIGHT ?

Nitin Srivastava

Nitin Srivastava (Director)     31 July 2011

Nitin Srivastava
Director 
 32 points

Can I issue C Form while I am in Lumpsum tax rate of 2% (Composition) in Works Contract

CA RICHA BADALIA

CA RICHA BADALIA (CA,CS)     26 August 2011

CA RICHA BADALIA
CA CS 
 195 likes  1677 points

In the case of Inter state trade or commerce, registered dealer can get goods at concessional rate of CST, if he produces a declaration in Form C to the selling dealer.

The Registered purchasing dealer can get blank form C from the Sales tax authorities of the state in which he is actually registered.

Contents of Form C---------

Form C contains particulars like name of issuing state, date of issue, name of purchasing dealer, to whom Form C is issued, his R.C.No., date from which R.C is valid, name and address of the seller with name of the state, details of the goods ordered and obtained. It bears seal of the Sales tax authority issuing the form.

Form C is issued by the purchasing dealer to the selling dealer who shall submit to the sales tax assessing authority.

A single Form C is sufficient to cover all transaction of sale which take place in one financial year between the same two dealers.

9 Like
ANIL SULEGAI PREMANATH

ANIL SULEGAI PREMANATH (ACCOUNTANT)     26 August 2011

ANIL SULEGAI PREMANATH
ACCOUNTANT 
 16 likes  247 points

... But depends upon the state too.

for eg., In Karnataka you cannot issue a single C form for the whole Year. You need to apply for c form for every quarter for every dealer. And in karnataka you have to apply C form online and no blank c form is issued seperately from the VAT office.

Thanks!!!

ABHINANDAN JAIN

ABHINANDAN JAIN (CA Student)     10 September 2011

ABHINANDAN JAIN
CA Student 
 49 likes  886 points

@ Everyone

Lots of Queries regarding C form has been solved

Thank u everyone

gayatri

gayatri (Accountant)     12 September 2011

gayatri
Accountant 
 1 likes  24 points

Dear Sir,

we have purchased the material from other state and he billed with 5% tax and he is also asking for c form. but according to the rules there is 2% tax against c form please give the full details.

PHALGUNA RAO K

PHALGUNA RAO K (ACCOUNTS EXECUTIVE)     17 October 2011

PHALGUNA RAO K
ACCOUNTS EXECUTIVE 
 21 points

Originally posted by : Akanksha
Hii...........CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT IS THIS C-FORM AND WHERE EXACTLY IT IS APPLICABLE???? ALSO FOR VAT RETURN PURPOSES WHAT IS ITS USE???

Good evening to all of you!

my self is Phalguna Rao from M/s. Salarpuria Properties Pvt. Ltd. - Hyderabad, our company is into to real estate developing, we are developing one site at hyderabad for commerical complex for the we have registed with commercial tax dept under VAT & CST Acts. here my querry is that we have awarded structural glazing works (Elevation glass) to Bangalore based company ALUFIT including material now they are requesting for 'C' form from us for material shifting (aluminium angles) to hyderabad from bangalore to avail 2% rate of tax

shall we avail 'C' form from Commerical tax dept and can we issue the same to our vendor pleas clarify me.  

CA yogesh jain

CA yogesh jain (job)     08 December 2011

CA yogesh jain
job 
 1 likes  53 points

thks to every one,for such valuable knowledge sharing.

CA Umamaheswara Rao

CA Umamaheswara Rao (Chartered Accountant)     08 December 2011

CA Umamaheswara Rao
Chartered Accountant 
 5 likes  67 points

Sorry CA RICHA BOTHRA

you posted that one C-FORM is sufficient for all  transactions in one financial year

one C-FORM can be issued for all transactions in one quarter. And for transactions in second quarter another C-FORM should be issued

in short 

one C-form can be issued for all transactions in one quarter but not for entire financial year

3 Like
Somnath Sharma

Somnath Sharma (Practicing Chartered Accountant)     03 January 2012

Somnath Sharma
Practicing Chartered Accountant 
 1 likes  81 points

Dear Sir. Thanks for the useful information.

I have another query. Some of our clients(registered dealers) have purchased certain capital goods from another state. but these capital goods are not used for manufacturing purposes while against c form only goods intended for resale and manufacturing can only be purchased. can u please tell me what will be the consequences. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Bajaj Finserv