What can auditor do if asessee is not calculated depreciation as per company's act,2013

Hello Colleagues,

I have appointed as auditor during this year of a private ltd company. In books of account of company, depreciation has been calculated  as rate specified in Income Tax act,1961 even though its company. Moreover, Previous year audit report also made on income tax rate depreciation.

 

Now, my concern is. How can I claim depreciation as per company's act from nowonwards.

example- If I tried to depreciation as per company's act on building---- remaining life of useful life-  how many years I calculated? bcoz if I taken remaining life 30, depreciation is as much high as actual. if I took 23 years, Then Actual depreciation is not comparable with previous years of depreciation and time of discard of assets, how can i calculate depreciation?

 

Please help e how can I solve this problem.

Replies (4)
depreciation is generally calculated on useful life of the asset.
Follow AS 6.
you should compute depreciation on retrospective basis as per companies act and charge it in the current year.
AS 6 is a guideline to Companies Act.
first of all 6 has gone now it comes in AS10 PPE

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details