Vehicle purchased

I am planning to buy a delivery van in the name of my firm. I am a wholesale supplier of medicines, and I will use this van to supply medicines to my clients. can I take ITC in this case. what various points should I keep in mind in this regard.
T A Khan
Replies (4)
Quick Summary
A medicine wholesale supplier is enquiring about claiming Input Tax Credit (ITC) on a new delivery van purchased for client supplies. The general rule states that ITC is not available for motor vehicles used for transporting persons with a seating capacity of up to thirteen. However, for the transportation of goods, ITC is generally permissible. Further clarification on specific conditions may be needed.

Yes you can claim
Thanks

For transportation of Goods can avail Input Credit.

As per section 17(5)(a) Input Credit on purchase of  Motor vehicles for transportation of persons having approved seating capacity of not more than thirteen persons (including the driver) shall not be available.

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details