CA Final/Inter Fast track classes available for May 20 attempt. Call: 1800-3000-0505

VEHICLE PURCHASE

VINOD KUMAR   20 February 2020

VINOD KUMAR

1 likes  33 points

| My Other Post

Sir

We are registered as a wholesale dealer of Crockery and Gift Products. we have recently purchased seltos New Car for our Managing Director. Can we claim ITC for the purchase & what will be the amount for taking Asset in our books on the gross value or including GST

Please reply

Thank u Vinod

avater

Pratik Ranjan   20 February 2020

Pratik Ranjan

4 likes  40 points

View Profile | My Other Post

ITC of GST on Vehicle (personal use or Transport) can only be claimed by Goods Transport Agency or Frim dealing in such Vehicle (dealers) , not in any other case.

under section 17 of CGST ACT. ITC of goods can only be claimed to the extent of goods or services used for business purposes.😯

so, in nut shell you can't...😊

avater

VINOD KUMAR   20 February 2020

VINOD KUMAR

1 likes  33 points

Thank U sir   

What about Asset Accounting ?

avater

Pratik Ranjan   20 February 2020

Pratik Ranjan

4 likes  40 points

Capitalise Total amount paid for CAR(including gst) and Insurance (both term insurance and third party insurance )

As per Accounting Standard you have to capitalise total amount incurred to bring the asset to its present location and condition , so that it can be used as intended by management.🙂

avater

Spurto Consultancy Services (Consultant)     20 February 2020

Spurto Consultancy Services
Consultant 
 61 likes  1135 points

No, the gst credit paid on purchase of car cannot be claimed, unless you are in the business of buying selling cars or other businesses specified in section 17(5)

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »