CCI Online Learning
What do you want to learn today?

CIBIL

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Urgent- Sarbanes Oxley Act - Deleted From CA Final ??

CA Shammi Prabhakar (Managing Director)     13 February 2011

CA Shammi Prabhakar
Managing Director 
 298 likes  2056 points

| My Other Post

"Sarbanes Oxley Act 2002" is not given in our Latest amended practice manual & Module of CA Final..

However i couldnot found any notification in regards of it's deletion from syllabus...

Can anyone help me in this regard... please  confirm, whether it's still in course or has been deleted....

avater

Mythreya (Finance IT & Accounting)     13 February 2011

Mythreya
Finance IT & Accounting 
 280 likes  2183 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Originally posted by : Shammi Prabhakar

"Sarbanes Oxley Act 2002" is not given in our Latest amended practice manual & Module of CA Final..

However i couldnot found any notification in regards of it's deletion from syllabus...

Can anyone help me in this regard... please  confirm, whether it's still in course or has been deleted....

Many students are misinformed that Sarbanes Oxley Act has been removed.The confusion is primarily due to the fact that Chapter 22 of the old material contained Sarbanes Oxley Act but the new material(Jan 2011) being issued currently does not have this chapter.But on a careful perusal you will see that Sarbanes Oxley Act has been included as Annexure II of Chapter 3--Risk Assessment and Internal Control and is very much part of syllabus.

One might argue that since it is a mere annexure its importance in exam has diminished but one cannot take any chances for a professional exam like CAFinal.

Best of Luck,

Mythreya

3 Like
avater

KARTHICK NAGARAJAN (STUDENT)     13 February 2011

KARTHICK NAGARAJAN
STUDENT 
 5 likes  126 points

yes dude, it is deleted from our sylabus, kindly verify the attachments.

Attached File : 22 final syllabus changes.pdf downloaded: 671 times

(Guest)

thanks karthik for sharing - - - - - - 

avater

CA Shammi Prabhakar (Managing Director)     13 February 2011

CA Shammi Prabhakar
Managing Director 
 298 likes  2056 points

Originally posted by : Mythreya

Originally posted by : Shammi Prabhakar

Many students are misinformed that Sarbanes Oxley Act has been removed.The confusion is primarily due to the fact that Chapter 22 of the old material contained Sarbanes Oxley Act but the new material(Jan 2011) being issued currently does not have this chapter.But on a careful perusal you will see that Sarbanes Oxley Act has been included as Annexure II of Chapter 3--Risk Assessment and Internal Control and is very much part of syllabus.

One might argue that since it is a mere annexure its importance in exam has diminished but one cannot take any chances for a professional exam like CAFinal.

Best of Luck,

Mythreya

But in annexure II, it's very much concise.. only of 8 pages.. so it's almost  deleted... 

Thanks Mythreya  for Info...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Download the latest Question Papers for free

click here

Trending Tags

GST Live Class    |    x