Urgent help....pursuing other courses along with articleship

saitej (Article Trainee) (178 Points)

19 October 2012  

Hello everyone, My name is Tej. I cleared my Ipcc both in May 2012 and joined articleship with effect from 12th sept 2012 in a reputed Med size firm in Hyd. I have joined Bcom regular on 20th sept 2012 in a local collage affiliated to Osmania univ, but I didn't mention the same in form 103 which I have already filed.My collage ppl informed that they will be giving a letter stating that they were conducting classes in the morning hours which do not clash with my article timings and they will sign in form 112.

Everything was fine till now but Its obvious that I wont be attending my Bcom college at all infact they are not even conducting any classes in the morning. I was told by many that there would be a problem(what problem is it exactly they are gonna cancel articleship?) in future as to how I managed both Bcom(regular) and articles and that will be even worse if they come to know that college people are not conducting any classes in the morning. Half of the college students are from CA background who hav joined under the same terms(not attending classes) so what If they(ICAI) just send a guy or give a ring to our college? Even watchman comes at 9'O clock in that colg. I was told by many not to file form 112 and not to disclose any where that I was doing Bcom. Is it advisable?

Coming to other professional courses, can a article student pursue another professional course like CWA or CS along with Bcom regular? I mean during the articleship. I came across many ppl who were doing both Bcom and CWA but they filed form 112 for CWA and not disclosed about BCOM. and can we discontinue Bcom for an year or two and again continue? will it be of same value as that of completing in 3 continuos years? Let me take myself as an example

I will be writing my Bcom first year in march 2013(I wont disclose the same to ICAI), so after that I will discontinue Bcom and meanwhile while I vl get registered with CWA and write my CWA inter in june 2013 and I'm gonna file form 112 for the same and complete my CWA final in june 2014 and then continue BCOM 2nd year in 2014-15 . Tell me If can do that as per ICAI rules as I am not doing two courses at a point of time during my articleship? I have asked about these to many of my friends even qualifieds but I dint get a proper answer. There is an ambiguity on this issue(courses along with articles), not only to me but to many ....Please guyz do help me and give full information and rules regarding the same