URGENT!!! Application for PAN Card

Hello Everyone!!

I have a Pan Card which is Lost. But the Pan Card number is with me. There was a mistake in the Date of Birth for which a rectification was required. I had applied for reprinting of PAN with the new details & send all the documents required EXCEPT the ORIGINAL PAN CARD COPY since I dont have it. Now the problem is that I have received a letter from the IT Dept asking me get a letter from Gazatted Officer verfying that the info I had provided is correct & up-to-date.

My Question is wheteger there a alternative way of getting my PAN Card. Also is there a possiblity to apply fro a new PAN Card without surrendering the old one. Please Help.

Thanking You in Advance

Regards

Rashmi

Replies (14)
Originally posted by :Rashmi Agrawal
" Hello Everyone!!
I have a Pan Card which is Lost. But the Pan Card number is with me. There was a mistake in the Date of Birth for which a rectification was required. I had applied for reprinting of PAN with the new details & send all the documents required EXCEPT the ORIGINAL PAN CARD COPY since I dont have it. Now the problem is that I have received a letter from the IT Dept asking me get a letter from Gazatted Officer verfying that the info I had provided is correct & up-to-date.
My Question is wheteger there a alternative way of getting my PAN Card. Also is there a possiblity to apply fro a new PAN Card without surrendering the old one. Please Help.
Thanking You in Advance
Regards
Rashmi
"


 

in such case u will have to file a FIR in police department and submit copy of that along with pan correction form....

go to the website www.incometaxindia.gov.in ...then know your PAN ...... fill in details .....print the details displayed by system..... then submit this print out along with proof of date of birth to NSDL / UTI. You will get ur pan card.

You dont need to file an FIR.

Hello!!

Mr. O.P.Singh you said that I have to file an FIR but the police is not ready for registering the FIR since I do not know where & when I lost my Pan Card.

As for the procedure for applying for a Pan Card on a NSDL Website, I have already applied for the same. The Nsdl has sent me a letter askinng me to provide a Gazeted Officers Letter stating that my application is genuine. They want the Officer to acknowledge that the info I am forwarding if correct to the best of their knowledge. They want the officer to sign & attest the same.

I had called the NSDL Call Center to ask who are the Gazzated Officers. They said that Gazated Officers include the Sales Tax/Income Tax Commissioner, IAS/IPS Officers.

Awaiting for your help & thanking you for the replies.

Rashmi

I want a duplicate PAN card urgently

Hi Rashmi Agarwal,

Hope u got ur PAN card by this time.

If not, -  do u have form to fill ur details to get Gazzated Officers verification? If so, Just  fill it and u can find the aggents out around the PAN office to stamp and get signature of Gazzated officer by charging 50 Bugs or so. If u dont have the FORM just mail me I can send u (As I don't find any link to attach here).  And it's a very small thing to do. Don't worrie for this.                                                                                                    

Originally posted by :Rashmi Agrawal
" Hello!!
Mr. O.P.Singh you said that I have to file an FIR but the police is not ready for registering the FIR since I do not know where & when I lost my Pan Card.
As for the procedure for applying for a Pan Card on a NSDL Website, I have already applied for the same. The Nsdl has sent me a letter askinng me to provide a Gazeted Officers Letter stating that my application is genuine. They want the Officer to acknowledge that the info I am forwarding if correct to the best of their knowledge. They want the officer to sign & attest the same.
I had called the NSDL Call Center to ask who are the Gazzated Officers. They said that Gazated Officers include the Sales Tax/Income Tax Commissioner, IAS/IPS Officers.
Awaiting for your help & thanking you for the replies.
Rashmi
"

 

 

 

 

 

KALYAN - v.saikalyan @ gmail.com                                                                          www.saibharadwaja.org

Hi Rashmi Agrawal,

Because, I am working as a Concierges Executive and we will be doing this as our one of the services to the Employees.

Regards,

KALYAN - v.saikalyan @ gmail.com

VISIT: www.saibharadwaja.org

Originally posted by :Rashmi Agrawal

" Hello!!
Mr. O.P.Singh you said that I have to file an FIR but the police is not ready for registering the FIR since I do not know where & when I lost my Pan Card.
As for the procedure for applying for a Pan Card on a NSDL Website, I have already applied for the same. The Nsdl has sent me a letter askinng me to provide a Gazeted Officers Letter stating that my application is genuine. They want the Officer to acknowledge that the info I am forwarding if correct to the best of their knowledge. They want the officer to sign & attest the same.
I had called the NSDL Call Center to ask who are the Gazzated Officers. They said that Gazated Officers include the Sales Tax/Income Tax Commissioner, IAS/IPS Officers.
Awaiting for your help & thanking you for the replies.
Rashmi
"


 

pl. send us the pan application in data filling form

Dear Rashmi ,

I have also lost my Pan Card . Followed the same procedure that u r doing. Govt doctor is also attesting the same.

Hello Raveesh !!!!

 Can you kindly give me more details. I had gone to the NSDL Office at Lower PArel. They said that I can re-apply for the PAN & give the Photocopies Attested by a Notary.

Requesting for your Help.

Regards

Rashmi

i need an pan card for applying to PASSPORT,as i ve ration card of ma dad,college ID,bank passbook. and i"m an student

i lost my pancard but i have the details of pancard. i need a duplicate of the same card

s.hussain

s/o sulaiman

d.o.b. 15-06-1967       ABCPH0897B

I KNOW MY PAN NO. i.e. AABHS6590Q BUT WHILE I REGSITERING THE PAN IT SAYS WRONG NAME I KNOW WHAT IS THE CORRECT WORD ON MY PAN CARD

Hi, I have applied for my pan card in the month of april, however till the date i have not received my pan card but when i check the status it show that card has been dispatch on 25 april. plz help me with my concern just beacause of this my salary has been blocked.

I want write a letter for My PAN card correction data, this letter by Issue by guested officer, so pls so pls give the letter mater so i can type this and send this to INCOME TAX Dept.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details