Easy Office

Unjustified charge of interest and harrassment by income tax department

Page no : 2

CA Abhishek Goyal (Chartered Accountant) (504 Points)
Replied 23 January 2014

If u r using rpu for revise the return, then in "challan tab" there is 2 column for interest amount...u import the Conso file in rpu then u see tht in last there is 2 column..i.e. "interest " and "others". So in interest column u have to write interst amount bu updating challan...rytly said by lalit.

Replied 23 January 2014

If u r using rpu for revise the return, then in "challan tab" there is 2 column for interest amount...u import the Conso file in rpu then u see tht in last there is 2 column..i.e. "interest " and "others". So in interest column u have to write interst amount bu updating challan...rytly said by lalit.

Lalit Sangani (M.Com. Asst. Manager Account)   (731 Points)
Replied 23 January 2014

@ Abhishek,

Thanks for the information, but there is some confusion that If I file the original return than the last column of Interest should be blank or filled. please explain more about the column, can we allocate interest amount .

TUSHAR MADAAN (ARTICLE ASSISTANT) (29 Points)
Replied 23 January 2014

Thanks Abhishek, nd tell me one thing that interest is shown only these two collumn only or any other collumn.

Replied 23 January 2014

No...only this 2 columns in challan tab.. @ lalit...i m using software fr it....so in original i dnt knw whether filled on both column...bt i think u have to filled both column so that interest amount is conaumed by department.

TUSHAR MADAAN (ARTICLE ASSISTANT) (29 Points)
Replied 23 January 2014

thanx abhishek, which software r u used for preparing of original return. because i am using compu tds software nd in this interest is entered only once in chllan details.

Pratik CA Final (Article Assitant) (102 Points)
Replied 23 January 2014

I also faced the interest issue and kindly write a letter to the TRACES stating the date of such payment and the due date and scan copy of your payment receipt so that they can verify the same. However the interest demand should not arise but it might be that the same is erroneously generated by the CPC TDS system.Kindly also attach your TDS return copy .Hope that this will solve your problem. 

Replied 23 January 2014

Compu tax.....same as u...there is no.2nd column fr interest.

CMA Devi Vara Prasad Korada (Finance) (654 Points)
Replied 13 February 2014

Now we got a demand saying, challan overbooked, whereas we used only the exact amount of challan amount paid..

Anyone have any solution for this...

Thanks in advance

Replied 13 February 2014

Same notice is received i.e. challan is overbooked...how can it possible???? Return is filed with exact challan amount...i m totally confused...

Replied 13 February 2014

Dear Korada,

You can ask directly to customer care of TDSCPC on toll free no. 1800 103 0344,

CMA Devi Vara Prasad Korada (Finance) (654 Points)
Replied 13 February 2014

Thanks Mr.Lalit, 

But I already tried the same, they are asking me file one revised return updating that challan, without changing data, but I am not able to understand, why I am supposed to file a revised return for that...

Thanks in advance

Replied 13 February 2014

Dear Mr. Korada,

"file one revised return updating that challan, without changing data" it seems like deductee amount and challan amount is matched but after return revised you have booked in basic amount instead of Interest paid amount. if you have received intimation letter for interest less payment than please check again you have filled proper return and feed the amount in interest column only.

this advise only for your help I know you have good knowledge of return.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: