Unable to correct my income tax return

I had submitted my Income Tax return on line. I wanted to correct the return. But when I went to the rectification page the assessment year 2018-19 is not there in the dropdown menu.

https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home

I am enclosing a screenshot of the web page so that you will understand my situation.


Has anyone faced this problem? How do I overcome this?

 ?

Replies (6)

You have to revise the return u/s. 139(5). You cannot rectify it till any assessment.

i.e. upload revised return (.XML file) with required changes.

How do upload the revised return?

Should I wait till the assessment for 2018-19 is completed?

 

No...
Revise return as per same Your Original return. But, Show the Original Return's acknowledge number in Revised return and Make Your changes in Revised return then upload as per the way of original.

No, the procedure is just same as filling original return.....

Just the change is it is filled u/s. 139(5) and not u/s. 139(1) ........

Thank you  for all the replies.

My Pleasure ............ 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details