Tuition income and it returns

Hello Professional Friends.

Good Day.

I take online tution to

(1) international student during march2018 last day and received an small income through paypal of 3 USA dollars (yes 3$ only)

(2) I received indian rupees income as tuition fees less than Rs10,000 for 2017-2018 Financial Yr.

I have NO MAIN jobs & No Main income.

My question is Above tutuion income WHERE in the IT Retrun, Which Heading should I show?

Please clarify

Advance Thanks for your help

Regards

Balaji Subbu

 

for 3-4 months only in Jan to

Replies (7)

If at all you wish to file return, you can declare this tuition income in ITR2 under head 'Income From Other Sources'

Hello Mr.Dhirajlal Rambhia
Nameste.  Thanks for your information, but I have seen following para. So pls clrify Itr1 or Itr2

ITR-2:

You do not need to fill the ITR-2 form if:

  • You have earned an income through business or profession.

Regards

Balaji Subbu

Yes, if it is your business......... (Profit & Loss, Balance sheet.... etc..)

But being student, it is your side by income....  ... So, no restriction when declared u/h 'IFOS'... ...

Thank you so much Mr.Dhirajlal Rambhia

(I am not a student, aged 53yrs, with 30 yrs professional experience and presently I have no job, due to my age factor and huge experience. Thus  recently I have started tuitions in a small way)

 

Regards

Balaji Subbu

Hello Freinds 

I am Rahul Agarwal. I am filling my sister's ITR who has only tuition income of Rs 200000. 

Now there is no row for adding other income.

What to do now ?

 

 fill under 'Schedule OS' ..... Others...

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details