Truth and courage - the real story

 

Truth and courage

 

When George Washington was a small boy he lived on a farm with his family. His father had an orchard of fine fruit trees. He had planted a cherry tree and had told everyone to be careful and not harm it while it was growing.

 

         One day, little George was gifted a new hatchet.

He was very excited and wanted to try it out. So he started cutting and chopping anything that he saw. In his excitement, he also chopped down the cherry tree without realising it. 

Soon enough, his father found the cherry tree cut down and was very angry. He demanded to know who had done it, but no one knew anything about it.

         Finally, he asked George. George trembled with fear but decided that he should not lie.

He gathered his courage and said,"I did it with my hatchet".His father asked, "But why did you cut the tree when I had told you to be extra careful with it?"

         "I was playing with the hatchet and I did not think. I'm extremely sorry, father. I will always think before I act."

         Although George's father was sorry to lose his cherry tree, he was glad that George was brave enough to tell the truth and to take responsibility for his actions. He said, "I am happy that you told the truth. Truth is a quality of God. You must always practice it." George never forgot his father's words.

         With his great qualities and love for truth, he went on to become the President of USA.

Replies (1)

Nice one

Thanks for sharing

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details