Trade secret under ipr in consulting industry

SouKu (Manager) (24 Points)

08 January 2014  

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am a consultant and have developed a concept note along with a specific job proposal using cetain specific technology and procedures after attending a group meeting session in the office and building upon an idea-thread from the meeting and Govt. of India's Schemes. Based on the concept I had requested management to let me interact with the client to develop it into an assignment which would be beneficial for our organisation.

However, Management has been dilly-dallying on the issue of letting me intract with th client saying that he has given it to somebody to view the technology and has not given me any information regarding the progress (whatsoever) on whether the assignment being awarded to our organisation. I am completely in dark.

Suddenly, I  have ben told by the management, verbally, that a senior person may handle the job if it comes through. Since then I am in complete dark about this whole issue. Whereas, I am fully confident and capable of executing the assigement with assistance of few technical, field level and data processing assistants under me, as the concept itself was developed by me,  completely.

My question is, can any assignment which has been fully conceived, developed and submitted to management for onward action/ client meeting/ receipt of order be taken away from me, keeping me in complete dark, ignoring me completely in meetings with the client and without my knowledge, when a huge organisational, commercial and my carreer related aspect is at stake with the assigenment being developed/ done?

I feel it is gross infringement on my intellectual property and fear that this could have also led to divulgence of this trade secrect (having enormous commercial value) to other person(s) within the organisation, or even outside the organisations, thus leading to huge financial loss for the company.

Please guide me. I am in dire need of your guidance and help.