Easy Office

Todays CA Final Law paper..

Page no : 2

Nidhiii (Audit) (642 Points)
Replied 08 May 2017

Absly.. Penalties.. Ugh.. Why do they want us to remember penalties of all the things in the world.. Ca is just becoming a memory test and not concept test. Sad but true.
7 Like

Tanushree Roy (Article) (176 Points)
Replied 09 May 2017

Exactly CA course s nthng bt cramming without evn understndng d concepts..whn u r gud at cramming thn only one can expect to get qualified n dat s y many of d fresher CAs r eithr nt gttng jobs or r nt gttng GOOD jobs.. The papers settlers won't thmslvs b abl to solve d papers if given 3hrs espcly in practical subjcts whr one has to apply brains n logics before proceedng wd d solution..no one can cram ans or solutions to each question..its natural to commit mistakes while answering the papers,by simultaneously maintaining the writing spd.. Questionpprs are set in the most toughest way to create pressure on d studnts,then marking is also tough n then revision f marks!! ICAI cnt produce gud quality CAs until it maintains the cream layer at entry lvls .. cz more n more stdnts r being admittd n thn ultimately final studnts r suffering.. n during results, mny of those also clr the exams who don't evn dsrv n mny gud stdnts get failed ..it might b cz f their fate... ICAI cn nva b lyk IIT/IIM ..so stp pretndng urslf d most prestigious institute (Y)
5 Like

Tanushree Roy (Article) (176 Points)
Replied 09 May 2017

Even those who hv clrd the exams won't b abl to clr it if they hv to appear agn in the exam..so stp gvng suggestions..evry final stdnt knws DOs n DONTs..espcly those who had appeared multiple times..it doesnt mean they r lacking smwhr..it smply means our Institute s lackng to produce n identify gud candidates!! N al i cn say its about one's destiny... stl all the best to the studnts fr rest ofthe exams..b positive!!
11 Like

CA girl (Article Trainee-CA Final)   (1942 Points)
Replied 09 May 2017

1 Like

CA Syed Parvez Ali (None) (458 Points)
Replied 09 May 2017

Originally posted by : CA Uday Kiran
See Everyone...I observed most of the students say it was unexpected....to pass in CA no one should expect about paper, you should be studying each and every topic rather than expecting some topic to come in exam. If some one can expect CA paper, then he should be the paper setter....so pls dont do expect the paper.

However, when the paper gets lenghty and tougher, you will get equal credits while evaluation of your paper, which is beyond our control....Only thing we can do is to focus on concepts and time management during exams...leave the rest everything

I could'nt agree anymore with you. 

Replied 09 May 2017

And the worst part of penalty type questions is that, either you get full or none. Its not like a provision or something, where the eanswer can have a little deviation and marks get alloted proportionately. Its straight, ''full or Nil ''.

Sad for me. 

(Guest)
icai is purely money mined.....wt the hell today paper ...no proper council... icai is fraud....in may 2011 to Nov 15 question like bcom level suddenly students increased due to ipcc ,,,thy started giving tough....those who clearf in may 11,12, .....35% pass percentage tht to papers were dead ....if u don't believe compare with those papers....so tht to no value for CA ...market is paying just 6-7 ...if u prepared for CAT by these u got selected by good package.nd risk is less ..return is more.....I still see..who cleared in may 11-15 thy don't wt is debit ....I saw plenty ....
1 Like

Joey Tribbiani (fdg) (2010 Points)
Replied 09 May 2017

Take it from a guy who has been here for a very long time,law has been like this only. This is how law paper is,either you know it or you dont,there is no middle ground. And yes May'11 was free for all,result was 25% around and that is batch that ruined pay packages and respect for the CA profession. It was also saod there were kids of Council members who had attempted in that time hence results were high. But let bygones be bygones now we have to concentrate on the present,paper was not at all different from what they were giving since long.

Johnnguyen (Captain) (22 Points)
Replied 09 May 2017

After Easy Papers...this is very tough paper....

CA Uday Kiran (Chartered Accountant) (653 Points)
Replied 09 May 2017

Please remember, without going through exams, no one can qualify CA, basing on that experience, I am advising students, make an attempt to take it positively.

Sofia (CA final Student) (135 Points)
Replied 09 May 2017

See what it is like! When you are preparing for exams or have already cleared already...in short when you arent giving any exams and u see the paper you find it easy and normal questions b coz u altogether are at different level of mind set... But when u sit in exam hall and u get question paper and u read such questions der... thats d real test... that pressure and nervousness u even feel simple questions tough when u find something not something many things unexpected.... to overcome that all fear to write paper and to complete paper on time with proper presentation thats what u get marks for... Just going through paper simply and saying it was not unexpected and all is completely different... All have gone through dis i agree but the times and difficulty are diffrent... I will again say it was unexpected... in vast course like law where to complete a course a day before exam is not possible... we have to take the risk of opting less covered topics in exams and focus on imp topics and der u see lots of unusual penalty questions that too from less imp topics after all dis ur mind gets like WTH... and to write paper with all dis after those 15 mins... In CA exams everything is imp only but Einstein also cant remember whole book...u need to be lucky at the same time
2 Like

Replied 09 May 2017

Why is evryone crying about penalty questions? There were maximum 16 marks questions from a total of 116 marks? I have also attempted the exam,it was not as it is made out to be. 34 marks was from directors which is the most expected topic and a topic which should be done by you first,out of which 28 marks questions were straight forward,nothing much to think in them. Its your planning that faltered,not anything else. Baniking had the easiest questions of all,if you didnt even remembered that, then you need to do some serious thinking on how you prepare for CA Final exams.

2 Like

Sofia (CA final Student) (135 Points)
Replied 09 May 2017

One needs at least 40 marks to pass... 50 or more to get aggregate.. for that u need to write at least 80 to 85 marks paper correctly.. rest depends on checking.. No one is saying the paper was tough... It was lengthy but not tough.. all penalty questions werent asked in same question...so one can opt them out... Rest individual opinion

Replied 09 May 2017

Banking question was the easiest ? Do you even know that the answer to that question was that the bank can keep the that property, and need not dispose it off.

Replied 09 May 2017

Originally posted by : CA Syed Parvez Ali
Banking question was the easiest ? Do you even know that the answer to that question was that the bank can keep the that property, and need not dispose it off.

Actually it had application of 2 sections,Section 6 and section 9,in which bank can keep non banking asset,however only for maximum period of 7 years. Pg 26.2 and 26.3 in Munish Bhandari's november 2016 edition handbook.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro