Easy Office

To regulate pass % :- CA regulations act 1988 section 39(2).

Page no : 2

Elton Sukumar M (Certified Accounting Technician)   (734 Points)
Replied 06 February 2010

Hi All,

There may be provision in the CA Act authorizing the council to deduct marks. However my strong belief is if you deserve to cler to clear CA exams, you defintely pass the exam, come what may on earth. Even i did not clear final exams in my last two attempts of June-09 and November-09. The reason for which is that I did not deserve to clear the exams. If you clear the exams you praise the council and vice versa, this should not happen. We should study and keep our faith on God, and he will do the rest. No use of Blaming the institute.

vipin (student) (107 Points)
Replied 06 February 2010

this is a helpful info

RADHIKA JALAN (agarwal) (1521 Points)
Replied 06 February 2010

i agree with nivetan...................if there is any provision like that then how cum students pass.....................it really plays with their life as their parents will not allow them 2 give more attempts and ask them to leave the course..............

to maintain pass percentage, can they even fail deserving candidates so easily...........this should b stopped here itself...........

is the above information really true?..............can't believe it...............

RUPESH CHOUDHURY (Student) (484 Points)
Replied 06 February 2010

Dear Amit,

A question was thrown on Mr. R Devrajan ,Director of BOS by CA V Pattabhiram regarding the same post in ICAI in the SICASA conference held on on 04/01/2010.Hearing this he became dumb & wonder -struck.He only told,"this is a very serious issue.i also didnt know this.I ll put the matter before council.I cant discuss on this."

U did a gr8 job.

The ICAI shouldnt do like this.we know they are doing this 4 our betterment,but the way of doin is wrong.it is just a sin.If they want to control the pass % age they should put toughest of the questions on earth..but once after we write they are doing manipulation..this is just a CRIMINAL ACT which the Govt has Legalized...JAI ICAI.

-RUPESH

1 Like

Amit Ingale (Student CA Final) (1454 Points)
Replied 07 February 2010

Originally posted by : nivethan

so whats the the purpose in awarding marks,Insted they may declare only pass or fail

i agree to some extent  .

Replied 07 February 2010

BUT ! one/you should not forget that ...

"It has possiive aspects as well."

Jus read the "words" , that are "revise" and the words are not "deduct"..

So instittute , has right by regulation to increase the marks as well,

and that may be the only reason , for students scoring eaxct 50 % marks, or jus +2, +1 marks above 50 % and clearing the exam/group.

i have seen many students clearing with eaxctly 50 % or jus one or two markds above 50 %.

SO , we should not jus blame institute for Failing in exam.

and jus wish , k we will be benefited by provision U/S 39(2), and we may clear with atlease exactly 50 %.

i Think , every body will agree with me on this.

because you/everybody must have seen students, which clearing groups by mere 1 or 2 marks.

and thats the outcome of this section only .

Do you all agree ????????????????????

but i would like share my marks also here.

in my first attempt when i gave only first group, i scored 184/400 and got 34 in MAFA.

and in subsequent attempt i scroed group -I 191/400 (41 in accounts) & Group-II 186/400(34 in Tax).

Its CA course but , i have to accpect whatever comes to me .

Replied 09 February 2010

Give your comments for my last POST .

i guess , u must be agree with me ,   and mus have seen many such cases in real.

$rik@nth (student) (222 Points)
Replied 16 February 2010

THANKS FOR SHARING INFO. AMIT

Prem Kumar (Articled student--Final)   (375 Points)
Replied 16 February 2010

Originally posted by : Amit Ingale
BUT ! one/you should not forget that ...
"It has possiive aspects as well."
Jus read the "words" , that are "revise" and the words are not "deduct"..

So instittute , has right by regulation to increase the marks as well,
and that may be the only reason , for students scoring eaxct 50 % marks, or jus +2, +1 marks above 50 % and clearing the exam/group.
i have seen many students clearing with eaxctly 50 % or jus one or two markds above 50 %.
SO , we should not jus blame institute for Failing in exam.
and jus wish , k we will be benefited by provision U/S 39(2), and we may clear with atlease exactly 50 %.
i Think , every body will agree with me on this.
because you/everybody must have seen students, which clearing groups by mere 1 or 2 marks.
and thats the outcome of this section only .
Do you all agree ????????????????????

but i would like share my marks also here.
in my first attempt when i gave only first group, i scored 184/400 and got 34 in MAFA.
and in subsequent attempt i scroed group -I 191/400 (41 in accounts) & Group-II 186/400(34 in Tax).
Its CA course but , i have to accpect whatever comes to me .

I completey agree with amit, the ICAI has every right to increase and decrease the pass percentage to maintain the STANDARD OF CA, According to the conditions of Industry, we should make ourselfs eligible and then get the honourable Degree of CA. A nobel Profession

1 Like

Replied 20 March 2010

give your view on it .

MD. RAFI (Manager Accounts (future CA))   (670 Points)
Replied 27 February 2016

I have written a letter to Prime Minister Sri Narendra Modi on 05/02/2016 to amend sec 39(2) of CA regulation 1988. My grievance is registered PMOPG/D/2016/0031858. I request all who feels that the section is restricting us from passing CA may submit their grivance at https://pgportal.gov.in/GrievanceNew.aspx

Girdhar Malpani (Trainee) (150 Points)
Replied 27 February 2016

Hi Amit,

Every Prestigious Institute have set some Regulation for their Convenience, Like ICAI have set up in Regulation 39(2) of CA Act 1988 to Maintain the Level of Standard. Thats why CA Course has made so Tough not anly by syllabus but also by Results.

There are many candidates who deserve to cleare the Exam in 1st or IInd attempt but still they clear  in more attempts. So it conside patience of Candidate which is quite tough from Student point of view. It was earlier also ICA declared tough results but that time there was no facility of Cetified copies and inspection of Answer.

This is really very harsh truth  that ICAI maintain results but least possibility of manupulation. Now ICAI have started Tough Evaluation of Answer papers then while declaring results give some addition in any subject to candidates so that those who are ver y close to 200 or 400 with all subjects pass will bedeclared Pass and those who are not so clse they are just give extra marks even if student not cover 200 / 400 then they are declared fail. This can only be known after checking of Certified copies provide by ICAI.

This situation will change in near future, Hope for the best...

Students have only option to raise their level of standard whichich is set up by ICAI. 

Thats All...

suresh (student) (44 Points)
Replied 08 May 2017

Good Effort thanks

suresh (student) (44 Points)
Replied 08 May 2017

Good Effort thanks

Sathyanarayana Reddy P (Senior Manager - Finance)   (26 Points)
Replied 28 September 2019

If it has really any positive aspect in the Regulation 39(2) of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988, then it must have been drafted as "upward revise" so that some students might have benefited as cited in the above instances.

In the absence of an express provision for re-evaluation of answers on demand of CA students, following 100% (now 75% in select papers) descriptttive pattern of exam system and human evaluation, non-introduction of objective type OMR based exam with computer evaluation system and by perusing the past trend or adherence in maintenance of "Constant, Consistent and Continuous Fail Percentage of CA students for the past 70 years", it may lead to conclude that the said regulation had been invoked for the purpose of downward revision of marks of a section or category of CA students, at the discretion of the council of ICAI.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro