TIPS FPR PCC

CA Swapnil (job ) (1205 Points)

08 May 2009  

FRIENDS,

I have cleared my pcc in nov-08...i got 70 marks in auditing &assurance..i have always believed that the CA curriculum is vast but not difficult to conquer..one studies various strategies in straregic mgmt bt does not realise that in studies too one can make effective use of strategies...there is no hard n fast rule to success in pcc..i will share some thngs which helped me to pass PCC..

1)Dont believe in any speculation abt questions to be asked in the examination..many papers in nov-08 of pcc had questions of previous pcc examinations...so the claim that these are 'ASKED'questions is useless..

2)Analysis of previous question papers is a must...one can modify his studying style/pattern on the basis of pattern of questions asked...

3)Identify areas where scoring is easy...vat,service tax,ethics,communication,AS questions in accounts etc..

4)Composition of QP's into theory n practical..costing &fm has about 38 mks theory...theory can be studied frm ICAI compilation of PE 2 which has questions frm 1984.in costing the first four chapters form the maximum weightage for theory questions.

5)I had decided the questions which i m going to attempt in almost every paper...eg auditing...i first attempted the first two questions n then i attempted special audit,audit of income,expenditure,assets questions.I saved a lot of time in the process..same is with law..one can attempt ethics ,communication first..in accounts i attempted the AS questions n theory of 36 marks first...

6)One should use reference books for additional points.

7)One should try to attempt maximum marks as paucity of time pinches.

8)Solving question papers helps a lot...one should undergo the examination conditions many times before the D-DAY.Join TEST SERIES.marks of test series dont matter.