The Dead Donkey!! - Sweet & Short Story

The Dead Donkey!!

 

City boy, Raj, moved to the village and bought a donkey from an old farmer for Rs.1000. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day.

The next day the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry Raj-ji, but I have some bad news. The donkey died while I was bringing him here."

Raj replied: "Well then, just give me my money back."

The farmer said: "Can't do that either. I went and spent it already."

Raj said: "OK then, just unload the donkey."

The farmer asked: "What you are going to do with a dead donkey?!"

Raj: "I'm going to raffle him off." (Note: Raffle is like lottery - a group of people draw lots each paying the same amount for a ticket and there is a big prize for the people who win.)

Farmer: "You can't raffle off a dead donkey!"

Raj: "Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead."

A month later the farmer met up with Raj and asked, "What happened with that dead donkey?"

Raj: "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at Rs.10 each and made a profit of Rs.4990 with the donkey worth Rs.1000 as the prize."

Farmer: "Didn't anyone complain?"

Raj: "Just the guy who won. So I gave him back his Rs.10"

 

Moral of the story - No situation is so bad that it cannot be turned around. You need to just think hard.

Replies (8)

Really nice...

Good One

Thanks for the nice story.

It really motivational.

 ya.. nice

thnx.. 4 sharing

Superb story

Moral of the story - No situation is so bad that it cannot be turned around. You need to just think hard.

nice

Nice one

thanks for sharing

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details