The 10 Minute theory - Can take you Much much Far

Mukesh Choraria (Professional Motivator) (853 Points)

14 February 2011  

10 Minute Theory

It is not a theory which has been written by any scientist. In my earlier post of " How to improve Productivity " i had written about the 10 minute concept, yesterday night as usual when i was writing my diary i just had this thing come up in my mind and i am sharing it with you.

Ok so the theory goes like this

What will happen if you ask for " Give me 10 Minutes" or just 10 mins or 10 mins more !!!!

In all the above we are asking for some more time and lets see how these 10 mins work out in our practical daily life....

1. Every Morning !!!

Every morning when we are trying to wake up or when alarm rings or when some one comes to wake us up.......the first word that comes to our mouth is " Give me 5 mins or 10 mins plz mummy just 5 mins....

and eventually we end up sleeping 30 mins or more and we wake up late....;( 

2. When we are Watching a Cricket Match or Tv or Movie

Again the same thing we ask for 10 mins and eventually we end up watching it for an hour and our whole schedule get a bang...

3. When you are talking with your Friends on phone..........

Some one calls you and you say 10 mins and then as asual it ends up more than 10 mins............

These are real practical examples which are enough to tell you that

" Asking for 10 mins more you are asking for atleast 30 mins or so................

Just got a 4th example --- no hard feelings---

When girls say they will get ready in 10 mins they usually end up taking an hour .... Isnt'it !!

Just kidding.............

So now back in theory................

From the above we get to know that this 10 mins are important..............and for students how can they use it in positive manner ???

1. When you want to get up just dont give this 10 mins or else you wont wake up @ time.

2. For some one who wants to do yoga/ or get up early / just wake up and do it for just 10 mins ..... Lets say that you want to go for morning walk, just walk for 10 mins and then try to say your mind that ok now lets go home n sleep.... Your mind wont listen and you would take a good walk...

3. When you think you need a study break ,,,,,,,,,,,,just ask for 10 mins more and yes as it is study ur mind will accept it...so give a second 10 mins .......dont say that without mood whats the use of study...??? .then you will not study only..

at the end you will be able to study more...

Just give 10 mins more and end up by having 30 mins in your pocket..

Dont's  

1. Not to be used while watching tv or computer

2. Never for getting up early/

Hope it helps !!!

as usual waiting for comments

Thanks