Termination of shares of an private limited company

Hi Club, 

I have an interesting question.

I got associated with an ABC company around 2 years ago(Mar 2021) and allocated 2.5% of the shares when it was incorporated. I did not invest any money at that time. One of my partner invested 5cr in the company and no other partner invested.

Later on, after a year, Mar(2022), I bought 0.5% shares by buying it from a person who was leaving the company. I paid 3L to him at that time.

I have proper documents for 3% of the company and there is nothing else like termination clause or anything.

The partner who holds around 95% of the shares is threatening us now that he will terminate all the shares that I have and I will not have any shares left.

Can he do terminate my shares considering that he invested and majority share holder? Thank you.

Replies (1)

Legally, its an arms length transaction. You purchased them legally and entitled to settle it with consideration. Maybe he will give you back your money invested.  

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Topics :

Loading
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details