Tds under 194 ia for joint buyers

mg23 (eng) (30 Points)

10 June 2019  
Hello Experts, I am in process of buying a property. I have added my wife as co-applicant in loan and intend to add her as Second Owner in Sale deed for social security reasons. All the payments would be done by me to the seller and also all loan payments would be done by me. The IT website mentions that TDS has to be deduced for each buyer/seller combination in their respective shares. Now i am confused on how I should deduct the TDS in the current circumstance where all the contributions will be done by me. Following few situations I can think of and looking for opinion of Experts here as to what right practice is 1. I deduct whole 1% TDS a) In this situation is IT likely to issue her a notice of TDS default? How to tackle this? b) If I take this route, should I mention in 26QB that there are more than 1 buyers? Any example on how to fill 26QB for this? 2. I make her do small contribution to seller from her savings e.g. 50,000-1 lakh and deduct TDS based on that so that compliance is fulfilled. Rest payments would be done by me and i would deduct the TDS on my contributions? I am very confused as to what is the correct approach. Would appreciate if you could provide your expert opinions on the same. -Thanks