Online Updated Classes for CA CS CMA Subjects for Nov 21/May 22 Exams. Enroll Now!! Call: 088803-20003


Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kamal (Others)     16 February 2017

Tds tan refund - 26b

Dear All, We are a TAn Deductor, I by mistake made a payment 16lakhs instead of paying 1.6 lakhs just by adding an extra zero. I intiated a refund process for the challan and then after much struggle got the refund processed. The refund cheque was sent via speed post but the cheque didn't reach me because of invalid address and was sent back. Now how can i ask the department to send the cheque back or what is the procedure from here ? we are a small company and this mistake of 16 lakhs has costed us a lot but before we could relax that we have got our refund we are now again stuck. 

My Question is,

Has anybody had similar experience of cheque being sent back ?
What is the procedure to ask the department to re-issue the refund

 2 Replies

Dhirajlal Rambhia

Dhirajlal Rambhia (SEO Sai Gr. Hosp.)     17 February 2017

You will have to follow up with department again, but relax, it won't take much time (& pain) now. You should be having refund order issued by AO.


Kamal (Others)     20 February 2017

Thank you sir for your kind response. I just met the AO today he says he hasn't got anything in his inbox. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags