TDS paying instruction

Hi All,

I am planning to buy property from two NRI sellers. I recently obtained TAN number. When it comes to making  TDS payment, is there any step wise instruction available to follow. When Im checking TDS payment option in income tax portal, I can login with TAN number and make the payment. However how does the payment linked to the sellers PAN?. I do not see option to provide seller PAN while making TDS. I was imagining I can make payment with two request with each seller PAN. Appreciate your quick help on this.

Replies (4)
Quick Summary
This discussion provides guidance on making TDS payments when purchasing property from two NRI sellers. It clarifies that while you can pay the total TDS amount in a single challan using your TAN, you must file a quarterly TDS return to correctly link the payments to each seller's PAN. It's strongly recommended to consult a tax professional for accurate return filing and to avoid potential errors.

You have to file TDS quarterly return to link the payment to sellers' PAN.

Better consult a professional to undertake the return filing.

 

Thanks for the quick answer.  In my case as there are two sellers, do I need to split total TDS amount in to two requests or one request with total amount?. When the TDS return is filed each sellers PAN can be linked two payment or both can be linked to one payment. Sure will also consult professional help in TDS.

You can pay total amount in single challan, then distribute the amount to both PANs while filing TDS return.

Agree with Dhirajlal Sir. Please consult because many a times, the errors are manifold requiring multiple revisions which ultimately would cost you more later than what a professional would charge in the first instance.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details