tds on salary

 Friends,

I am serving as Assistant Secretary in a public Limited company. I don't want to disclose any of my investments including my housing loan to my immediate employer who is the paymaster to me. He is deducting TDS on my salary giving effect only to my PF. Now I want to know that ,

1.Should I to disclose about my investments and my housing loan to my employer for getting relief.

2.Otherwise shall I claim for all eligible deductions while I file my Return of Income.

pl anyone clarify.

Replies (7)

Ideally you should disclose your investment and housing loan to your employer.

but if you don't want to disclose than you can also claim this all on return filing date.

Thanks

Praveen

 

 

It is not compulsary to disclose your loan repayment and other incomes, but at the time of return filing. If you dont disclose your emplyor is required to deduct TDS. There is nothing to worry. Let him deduct.
 

Dear Shrinivasan

It will be better for u 2 disclose your investment and housing loan to your employer. Right now he is deducting more TDS n later on while filling return u have to  claim for Investment & ur loan so extra TDS deducted will be refunded to you(By the Govt)

Mr Satish & Mr Praveen

filling return & getting refund from Govt is not simple thing.

Thanks for the information.

For more details about the payroll management system, please log on to this site which provide the best service for payroll management system.

https://sagarinfotech.com/Payroll.aspx

 

Agreed Mr. Suhas A. Nagpure , Yes it is not easy to get refund from IT deptt. but he was asking only whether he can claim his investmetn by his own or he has to disclose his employer.

I told him that he can do it by both ways. legally there is no problem.

I told him ideally he should declare his income to his employer. you can c my answer...

:-)

Praveen

 

 

 

 

Originally posted by :b.srinivasan

"  Friends,
I am serving as Assistant Secretary in a public Limited company. I don't want to disclose any of my investments including my housing loan to my immediate employer who is the paymaster to me. He is deducting TDS on my salary giving effect only to my PF. Now I want to know that ,
1.Should I to disclose about my investments and my housing loan to my employer for getting relief.
2.Otherwise shall I claim for all eligible deductions while I file my Return of Income.
pl anyone clarify.
"


 

 its not compulsory 

If there is negative tds for an employee for a quarter, how should it be dealt in the e tds return. In e filing it does not accept negative amounts.  PLease advice

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details