Easy Office
LCI Learning

Tds notice u/s.200a & 156

Page no : 2

Kalpesh Soni (Student) (48 Points)
Replied 26 August 2013

@ samasundar: reply accordingly to CPC, Bangluru and also send a CC to AO..

chandra sekar (Manager-Accounts) (387 Points)
Replied 12 September 2013

here i have a querry. Suppose the TDS to be deducted on the particular day (e-g), a Contract bill dated 25.4.2013, accounted on 31.7.2013, and subsequently deducted, will it attract late deduction  and if so, what is the rate for late deduction?

Anumanchipalli Sathikonda (Tax Consultant) (1349 Points)
Replied 13 September 2013

Please refer to the provisions of sub-section(1A) of Section 201-

(1A) Without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section(1), if any such person, principal officer or company as is referred to in that sub-section does not deduct the whole or any part of the tax or after deducting fails to pay the tax as required by or under this Act, he or it shall be liable to pay simple interest-

(i) at one per cent for every month or part of a month on the amount of such tax from the date on which such tax was deductible to the date on which such tax is deducted; and

(ii) at one and one-half per cent for every month or part of a month on the amount of such tax from the date on which such tax was deducted to the date on which such tax is actually deposited.

----

Please also refer to Rule 119A wherein the method of calculation of interested is explained.

--

Hope you have got the clarification.

Best Wishes 

Sathikonda

Umang (Student) (32 Points)
Replied 28 November 2013

hello, sir. i got a TDS notice U/s 200A for the interest  short payment of rs.285 can u suggest me how to clear this is.????

anish (student) (21 Points)
Replied 28 November 2013

One of our client received an intimation & notice for TDS under Sec.200A for late filing fee u/s 234E.
As per the section the late filing fees needs to be paid before filing the TDS Statement.
So do we have to pay the late filing fee now or not?? and if we need to pay then how should the fees be paid.

Umang (Student) (32 Points)
Replied 28 November 2013

WHat Is TDS rate for NRI In U/s 195 For person who have already branch in indai and also have an PAN ...

Praveen (Article) (48 Points)
Replied 19 December 2013

I have received intimation u/s 200a through cpc-tds for F.Y. 2007-08 - Q-4 and a demand is raised against certain defaults. After downloading justfication report of the same I observed that there is three annexures stating two types of errors: 1.) PAN errors (Not available with ITD) 2.) Short deduction But the demand amount is calculated only for error of short deduction and interest due theiron but there is a list of PAN errors of deductees filed and no consideration is given to these errors in calculating the demand amount. Please clarify on: Whether to deposit only demand amount calculated by system and file the same in correction statement. OR anything else to do with this case ? For your kind information only please: 1.) Since for the Q-4 of F.Y. 2007-08, E-tds return were accepted if structured PAN quoted is not less than 85% of total PAN (subject to some exclusion). 2.) Provision of 20% tax to be deducted if PAN is not provided/incorrect, has come after 1st Oct, 2010, hence not applicable for F.Y. 2007-08.

JAGADISH CHOUDHARY (JAIPUR) (23 Points)
Replied 22 January 2014

plz. give me example for late payment of interest & late payment of return calculation in days or month ?

Ramanan .KV (B.Com) (21 Points)
Replied 28 January 2014

Sir,

I have received TDS notice for 2010-11 u/s.200a & 156  for the following payments on non-salary return:-

1. Short deduction

2. Interest on short deduction

3. Interest on delayed payment for that quarter

4. Late filling fee

The above was verified and the said notice was correct, now i wanted to pay but i do not know under which section i have to pay for interest on delayed payment and late filling fee. and type of payment  (400) TDS/TCS  Regular./(200)

Kindly clear the above doubt

Thank you.

SANA MANSURI (employee) (21 Points)
Replied 18 February 2014

hello sir. i got a TDS notice U/s 200A for the interest short payment of rs.2456 and i prepare consolidated file , now i wanted to pay but i do not know under which section i have to pay for interest on delayed payment and late filling fee. and type of payment (400) TDS/TCS Regular./(200) Kindly clear the above doubt Thank you.

Replied 19 February 2014

@ JAGADISH CHOUDHARY
Calculate the total months , example: if due date is 7th January,2012 for payment of tds deducted in Dec. 2011 and you have not paid it till 25 Nov, 2012 than total months will be 12 months (From Dec,2011 to Nov. 2012 Both inclusive without any fraction (be at safe side).

Now apply the respective interest rate for the total months on due amount.

Replied 19 February 2014

@ Ramanan .KV

Interest on short deduction is to be paid under section in which you have paid the short deduction amount as per justification report and also interest on delayed payment of quarter can be added to above interest and late filling fee you can show under "others" column. Now you will pay the challan under head 400 i.e. regular assessment.

Srija (article assistant) (27 Points)
Replied 07 March 2014

our client has got tds notice u/s 200A ,for interest to be paid for late payment of tds.But pbm here we had made the payment of interest correctly @ 1.5% p.m by considering from the date of deduction & while filing quarterly returns even in rpu we have filled interest amount details in challan correctly (in 2 columns commonly) .But we got demand notice on this ,how to resolve please anyone make a reply

thanks in advance.....

subhash kumar jha (PROFESSION) (445 Points)
Replied 04 June 2014

Just file the correctional return. No need to inform to department.

1 Like

Navratan K (Consultant) (26 Points)
Replied 29 April 2016

Is there any online correction link or guidance to do after paying the interest under 200A

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: