TDS Excess Paid-where it can show in ETDS

Hi,


I have one doubt that, for example we have paid TDS of Rs.50000/- aganst sec.194C and Rs.49000/- has been adjusted against the same. In this we have paid an excess of Rs.1000/-.

While preparing ETDS I have mentioned the above transaction in Challans sheet as; in TDS(403) column Rs.49000/-, in Others(407) column 1000/-, in Amount of Tax Deposited(408) column 50000/-.

Is it right to mention the excess payment of Rs.1000/- in "Others" column...? otherwise is there any other column to mention the same....?, I didn't find it..

One of my friend told me that, if there is any penalty paid to IT Dept. that amount only has been shown in "Others" Column. Is it right....?

Replies (2)

yes in others column only interest or penalty amount can shown.

u just revise your return and show excess tds of 1000 into any Party account to set off excess tds deposit.

If I adjust the excess amount against any party, how can I set off that amount....?

For interest, there is a column called "Interest" in Challans sheet in ETDS.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details