TDS deposit in Wrong Section Code

Dear all, we have deposited tds return for 2010-11 and in that return we have made a mistake where we have deposit TDS amount in code 194J as professional charges but forgot to remember that code for deduction for foriegn entity is 195 so please how do we can make this revised return what procedure do i follow for this.

Note:- THIS TDS AMOUNT IS FOR THE WHOLE YEAR. i.e 21000/- for each quarter around 84000/-.

Thanks in advance.

Wealth Manager

Have you filed TDS returns under wrong section or have you deposited TDS payment under wrong section?

File a revised TDS return. There will be an option in your software whether to file fresh or revised returns. Make the changes and file the returns.


Yes we have made payment in wrong section code (IN SBI CHALLAN IT WAS DEPOSITED IN WRONG SECTION CODE)

I am using JS tds Software where i need to check the option first, anyways thanks very much.

CA in service & CS. dipmaj@

has the matter be solved. if you have paid in wrong section code you have to file return with that code only. the question is how to change the payment section from 194J (wrong) to correct 195. You need to approach the AO TDS , or there are any other routes ?



        I have made the payment under correct section but while filing of return selected wrong section. (eg. payment made u/s 194C but while filing return selected u/s 194LA). Please let me know how the above mistake can be corrected.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register