TDS Challan filling query for 234E

CA JK (Student) (187 Points)

23 October 2019  

Hi Friends,

Today i am going to file TDS returns for Q1, so want to know if I can pay 234E late return filing fee now and include the challan details inside the return itself ? Actually I forgot to file the return on time. So doing it today with penalty of 234E. I have not received any notice. But we have deducted TDS for Apr, May and June 2019 on time and paid TDS on time, only return got delayed...

In my case TDS per month was Rs.2,000/- which is TDS on rent paid to an owner who is an individual person. So it means that I have to pay penalty for 2000*3 = 6,000rs right ? because 200 per day after the date of due date is like... Aug = 31 days, Sep = 30days, Oct = 23 days , and total days comes to  31+30+23 = 84 days and total penalty comes to 84days * 200rs per day = 16,800rs.

16,800rs or actual tds amount for 3 months which is 6,000rs which ever is less is to be paid for 234E right...

so I am supposed to pay 6,000rs ... so please confirm me if my calculations are correct or not...

Also let me know while filling the challan for paying 234E, should i select non-company deductee (since the office rent paid to the owner who is an individual, and amount is credited to his personal account.)? and select nature of payment 94I ?

Also want to know... if i pay challan now then it will take 3 or 4 days to get updated in the OLTAS portal right ? so should i wait 3days and then file return ? or should i file today without including the late fee and later revise the return again ? what is the best way to do ?

I have to file 24Q returns also, but no tds deducted on anyones salary, so I can file nil return right ? Please suggest...

Thanks a ton....