GST Course

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roopali Kadam (CA cleared- In Job)     29 July 2011

Tds certy by employer issued but incomplete

employer has issued incomplete soft copy of form 16. Address and Pan no of employee is missing. though PAN no was given by employer to employee. Can employee claim tds in his return

5 Replies

Mihir

Mihir (Wealth Manager)     29 July 2011

Check 26AS if TDS has got credited under your PAN.

rakeshkuma

rakeshkuma (B.COM CA FINAL)     29 July 2011

THE EMPLOYEE CAN CLAIM TDS IF IT IS DEDUCTED BY THE EMPLOYER. FORM - 16 IS ONLY PRIMA FACIA EVIDENCE. ERROR IN FORM - 16 IS NOT A HURDLE FOR CLAIMING TDS. HOWEVER. THE  EMPLOYEE CAN ASK HIS EMPLOYER FOR NEW FORM - 16 WITH PROPER CORRECTION AGAINST THE OLD ONE.

YOU CAN ALSO

Check 26AS if TDS has got credited under your PAN.

valji

valji (Accounts manager-MBA)     29 July 2011

agree with above

Roopali Kadam

Roopali Kadam (CA cleared- In Job)     29 July 2011

in 26As tds amount not reflected. Employer is a cheat. he has not paid salary for 4.5 months. Negotiations to get the dues are on. Till negotiations end he wont take care of revising certy. If it take months, cant wait to file return.

Gross salary though reflected by employer in certy say 4lac, he is for sure goin to reduce amount around50000-1lac as penalty. though everything was correctly hand overed with correct notice period. this is their unethical strategy to save costs. Should i show whole 4lac as salary or 2.25lac that i have actually received.

Till this gets cleared should i wait for filing return or continue with 4 or 2.25 lacs and claim tds that is shown in certy soft copy with no address and pan of employee

Mihir

Mihir (Wealth Manager)     29 July 2011

It is safe to show what you have actually received, as it seems you are no longer with this employer anymore.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register