Easy Office

TDS 94C

Page no : 5

(Guest)

i think it is a section 194c not 94c. rectify me if i am wrong

Vinay Verma (Chareterd Accountant) (143 Points)
Replied 18 June 2010

Shudhanshu ... I have referred to bare act i can't find the definition of work contract there in the chapter works contract and it is no where given in Vinod gupta book ........

And finance act 2010 is appliacble from 1-4-2010 then how can it be possible that it is applicable for AY 2010-11 .... it would be applicable for FY 2010-11 .......

I think you are wrong here ........... rectify yourself ...........

Shweta is saying that separate bill is for installation charges then TDS would be deducted on that bill only and required to be deposited by 30-09-2010 to claim the expense ..........

Shudhanshu Agrawal (Business) (2570 Points)
Replied 19 June 2010

Dear Vinay,

If you are not able to find out defination in bare act it doesnt mean that there is no such defination. Check it out in the Direct Tax Ready Recknor for A.Y. 2010 -11 & 2011-12 written by V.K. Singhania and the page no is A-322.

Coming to the point of applicability of Section 40(a) all the expenses which are related to F.Y. 2009-10 will be calculated after April 1,2010 and if the amendment is from April 1,2010 then it will be applicable for A.Y. 2010-11.

Replied 19 June 2010

Section is 194C but the section code is 94C which is used when we deposite TDS challan.

Replied 20 June 2010

Sudhanshu ..... I am not getting what are u saying ..... What I am understanding from ur reply is that for FY 2009-10 finance act 2009 & 2010 both are applicable .............. Howz it possible ............??????????

Chalo yaar leave it .................

What I am saying I know that its correct ................. I don't know about you .............. I don't refer to VK Singhania .... I always refer to Bare Act,Rules , cases and Vinod gupta sir book ........... but I know i am correct ................

What Shweta asked I satisfactorily replied ..........

Rest Leave it ....................

Anil Kumar (Head Of Accounts) (24 Points)
Replied 20 June 2010

I think  matter will have to be seen this way how much the supplying company  will charge for the material to be supplied or material supplied and charges if any towards fitting the fixtures will taxed under section 194 C . But in my view furniture is always supplied fully fitted and ready to use.So the whole amount should be capitalised.

This will not be aplicable  if the recieving company is in the bussines of  furniture then the whole amount including the material cost  will be charged under 194C as the act says . For more detail you can reffer to Ved Jain's book  on TDS.

Replied 21 June 2010

Originally posted by : Vinay Verma

Sudhanshu ..... I am not getting what are u saying ..... What I am understanding from ur reply is that for FY 2009-10 finance act 2009 & 2010 both are applicable .............. Howz it possible ............??????????

Chalo yaar leave it .................

What I am saying I know that its correct ................. I don't know about you .............. I don't refer to VK Singhania .... I always refer to Bare Act,Rules , cases and Vinod gupta sir book ........... but I know i am correct ................

What Shweta asked I satisfactorily replied ..........

Rest Leave it ....................

If you dont want to know i never want to tell you. As everywhere in your answer you have mentioned I which shows your ego and attitude and i dont want to comment on it.

Replied 21 June 2010

Sudhanshu ... What u were saying according to me its incorrect ..... 

If u are not referring to act carefully then what can I do in it ......................

Rest leave it .....  Ya I have attitude not ego and m proud of it ................... 

Replied 21 June 2010

Whenever i reply, i do concern Act but Act is not the only thing on which we need to go. There are so many other books, case laws, rules, notifications, circulars and interpretations which one need to refer.

Act never says to do tax planning but we do tax planning

Replied 21 June 2010

Hmmmm .... Tax planning is a different thing buddy .............. 

Harshi (Senior Executive) (30 Points)
Replied 03 December 2012

Can Sec 194I- Rent to resident forMachinery / plant....also land/ building can be booked as 94 I?

Pls clarify..

karan jit singh (Consultant) (1299 Points)
Replied 03 December 2012

YES, Rent recd on land and building is also covered under sec 194I.(but not 94I)

RAJ KUMAR BHANDARI (FINANCE) (165 Points)
Replied 03 December 2012

Originally posted by : malli and Nag

Previously i told that due date is 30.6.2010 (this is 31.5.2010 only)

TDS needs to be remitted with in one week from the last day of the month which applies to 194, 194C, 194J, 194I, 195. But, you will have 2 months time for the amount credited / provisioned on last day of the Financial year for other 194C, 194J, 194I, 195 etc and not applicable to 194-Salary TDS. ex: If you are crediting / provisiong on 31st Mar, you will have time to remit till 31st May.

FOR SALARY UNDER 192

NOT 194-SALARY

THANKS

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: