ICICI

Taxation of Capital Gain on Private Limited Companies

SUNNY GOPICHAND BHAGIA (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT)     27 June 2011

SUNNY GOPICHAND BHAGIA
CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT 
 54 points

| My Other Post

Dear Freinds.

My client is a private limited company, and he is selling the plot in the year and which he purchased 4 years ago.

1. What are the Tax rate applicable to Private Limited Companies in case of LTCG & STCG.

2. How he can tax plan the same to reduce his tax liablity.

3. whether benefit is available to private limited company u/s. 54, if yes which is the applicable section.

4. any other suggestion regarding tax planning.

Thanks & Advance,

Regards

avater

CA MAYANK WADHERA (CA CS CMA(I))     27 June 2011

CA MAYANK WADHERA
CA CS CMA(I) 
 40 likes  789 points

View Profile | My Other Post

SIR YOUR ANSWERS ARE AS FOLLOWS

1. AS PER SEC-111A STCG OTHER THAN ON EQUITY SHARES WILL BE TAXABLE @ 30% FOR ASSESSES OTHER THAN RESIDENT INDIVIDUAL AND HUF I.E, FOR PVT LTD CO. IT IS FLAT 30% AS THERE IS NO SLAB BENEFIT FOR CO. LIKE IN CASE OF RESIDENT INDIVIDUALS AND HUF.                      AND FOR LTCG THERE IS FLAT 20%   TAXABILITY

2. THE EXEMPTION FOR YOUR CLIENT WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLY U/S 54 EC I.E BONDS OF NHAI OR RECL . AS IT IS A LONG TERM C.G. ( SALE AFTER 36 MONTHS- LTCG) AND U/S 54 EC LTCG IS EXEMPT IF AMOUNT IS INVESTED WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF SELLING THE ASSET 

3. TAX PLANNING CAN BE DONE IN THE ABOVE MANNER

PLEASE TELL THE AMOUNT OF CONSIDERATION AND NO. OF PLOTS FOR PROVIDING EASE TO DO TAX PLANNING

avater

Devpura Nikunj (student)     27 June 2011

Devpura Nikunj
student 
 70 points

since the land sold is long ternm asset the gains would be taxed as LTCG.

It will be taxed at the rate of  20 %.

Such gains can be invested into Sec 54EC specified  infrastructure bonds within 6 months from the date of transfer max. upto RS 50 lakhs.

Sec 54 benefit can n/t be availed since the benefit is available   to individuals and that to from the sale of house property and not from the sale of land or plot. 

vt2rbi (self)     04 June 2017

vt2rbi
self 
 59 points

what is the rate of capital gains tax on companies. my company holds an apartment for the last 10 years. if i sell it today on behalf of the company, will the company be taxed at 20% or flat 30%

Need Help Urgently

Regards

vt2rbi (self)     04 June 2017

vt2rbi
self 
 59 points

what is the rate of capital gains tax on companies. my company holds an apartment for the last 10 years. if i sell it today on behalf of the company, will the company be taxed at 20% or flat 30%   Need Help Urgently

avater

Sunil (Consultant)     29 April 2019

Sunil
Consultant 
 34 points

Sir, Please update me about tax on capital gain, for private limited company after selling it's land and building

avater

Prabhakar Thakur   13 May 2019

Prabhakar Thakur

8 points

we sold our office Pvt.ltd.co.in 2013 feb.and purchase new office in 29/03/2013 also invested in national bond

what benefit we should get, and how much the capital gain, is it 20% or 30%.please reply

avater

Prabhakar Thakur

8 points

Originally posted by : Prabhakar Thakur
we sold our office Pvt.ltd.co.in 2013 feb.and purchase new office in 29/03/2013 also invested in national bond

what benefit we should get, and how much the capital gain, is it 20% or 30%.please reply, said the property was purchased in 1979

avater

Prabhakar Thakur

8 points

waiting for reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »