Tax Treatment

Ankan Mohanty (INTERNAL AUDITOR) (97 Points)

23 July 2011  

I have 3 questions:

a) Can depreciation be claimed on a house property which is let out to an another person?

     i. if the rental income is claimed as house property income.

    ii. if the rental income is claimed as profit from business/profession

   iii. Which one of the above two is advatageous for a company?

b)Can business loss be set off against short term capital gain from unquoted shares?

c) Under what head does Profit  from Commodity trading fall?


Please Advise wisely and with proper explanation.