TAX RELIEF 10(E)

I got some arrear for financial year 2017, 2018 & 2019 and as usual my employer deduct income tax on gross amount. As the income pertain to previous years some friend told me if I fill for 10 E then I will get some relief. No idea about this one, can anyone give me some advise how to do that and when and where  to fill form 10 E and how. If there is any article I can read and try to understand by my own. However seeking some help. 

Thanks. 

T K Ghosh 

Replies (3)
Quick Summary
This discussion revolves around claiming tax relief for salary arrears received for previous financial years. The user is seeking guidance on how to file Form 10E, which is necessary to claim relief under Section 89(1) of the Income Tax Act. The consensus is that Form 10E can be filed online via the e-filing portal, and it's crucial for reducing tax liability on backdated salary payments.

Form 10E is filed for the purpose of claiming relief u/s 89(1) with respect to arrears of salary. Form 10E can be filed online at e-filing portal or you may seek help of some professional if don't have any knowledge on this.

For more details you may connect us at:
email: taxclinictc @ gmail.com

Thanks for the reply , however I like to sort it by my own and for that I post this one in this forum. 

However thanks. 

Originally posted by : trnghosh
Thanks for the reply , however I like to sort it by my own and for that I post this one in this forum. 

However thanks. 

Old post but I like to know one thing,

 as I got arrears on January 2021   should I submit Form 10 E for claiming u/s 89(1) at the time of submitting my yearly income tax return. I presume submitting 10 E is sufficient and I do not need to  submit any other form for my regular income tax return as I  put everything here.

Thanks to everyone. 

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details