Tax query- Filing Revise return

Hi

Greetings !

I have filed my tax returns for financial year FY2004-2005,FY2005-2006 and

FY2006-2007 from chennai and also revise returns for FY2005-2006,FY2006-2007 from chennai.

Now I have moved to bombay and I found that I missed some incomes for all the above mentioned financial years.Can I file a revise return for FY2004-2005,FY2005-2006, FY2006-2007 from mumbai to include/declare those incomes which was missed?

Is there any upper limit for filing revise returns ?

Please help to clear the queries

Thanks

Josh

 

Replies (4)
SECTION 139(5) If any person, having furnished a return under sub-section (1), or in pursuance of a notice issued under sub-section (1) of section 142, discovers any omission or any wrong statement therein, he may furnish a revised return at any time before the expiry of one year from the end of the relevant assessment year or before the completion of the assessment, whichever is earlier NOTE: A BELATED RETURN CAN NOT BE REVISED
Thanks sampant jain for the reply . Since I have filed the original returns from chennai city , can I filed the revised returns from mumbai city ? Could you please clarify on this.
How do I find out whether the assessment is completed for the relevant financial year ? Reagrds prashant
what if we want to revise ITR of past 3-4 years, also we have to take refund in those years, if it will get revised, ITR for further years will not match the balance.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details