Tax on LTCG

Dear,
Two years back I sold my flat in 30 lakhs and full sale amount deposited in LTCG account.
That time in ITR by mistake/ typing error I showed sale value as 35 lakhs.
Since I was not able to by new flat in 2 years so now I have to pay tax on LTCG.
Please advise should I take sale value 30 lakhs as per sale agreement in current year ITR and show in ITR and pay tax.
Thanks
Ashok Agarwal
Replies (5)

Calculate the original LTCG claimed as deduction in earlier year. Show it as current year income.

as per my view you should show sale value 30 lakhs as you have deposited 30 lakhs
Dear Manish,
As per your advice if I take 35 lakhs (that was a mistake) as sale value again then tax will be increased by about 1.04 lakhs.
Thanks

You deposited 30 lac. Now, it is fully taxable. Thanks Sarita.

You need to pay tax on 30 lac.

thanks to both of you

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Topics :

Loading
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details