Tax - may'13!

Hello people!

I am a CA-IPCC student, cleared CPT in December 2012. I gave my IPCC examinations in Nov'12. However I think i might have to give the exams again, will not be able to clear the exams.

But I've heard that the syllabus of Tax is going to change a lot, there will be a lot of amendments.

Can anyone point out what all the amendments are going to be? Is it confirmed yet?

 

Regards,

Parth Jain

Replies (3)
Originally posted by : Parth Jain
Hello people!
I am a CA-IPCC student, cleared CPT in December 2012. I gave my IPCC examinations in Nov'12. However I think i might have to give the exams again, will not be able to clear the exams.
But I've heard that the syllabus of Tax is going to change a lot, there will be a lot of amendments.
Can anyone point out what all the amendments are going to be? Is it confirmed yet?
Regards,
Parth Jain

See the file attached herewith for New Syllabus of Service Tax for May 2013 exams as announced by ICAI. Addition and deletion of topics is mentioned therein. (https://220.227.161.86/28474bos18096.pdf)
.
Besides the change in ST syllabus, there will be usual amendments applicable in Income Tax portion as applicable for the AY 2013-14 upto 31.10.2012.

Originally posted by : |)eep @ k Gupt/\





Originally posted by : Parth Jain





Hello people!
I am a CA-IPCC student, cleared CPT in December 2012. I gave my IPCC examinations in Nov'12. However I think i might have to give the exams again, will not be able to clear the exams.
But I've heard that the syllabus of Tax is going to change a lot, there will be a lot of amendments.
Can anyone point out what all the amendments are going to be? Is it confirmed yet?
Regards,
Parth Jain






See the file attached herewith for New Syllabus of Service Tax for May 2013 exams as announced by ICAI. Addition and deletion of topics is mentioned therein. (https://220.227.161.86/28474bos18096.pdf)
.
Besides the change in ST syllabus, there will be usual amendments applicable in Income Tax portion as applicable for the AY 2013-14 upto 31.10.2012.

 

Thanks a ton! But some teachers have upoaded a number of ammendments in income tax and service tax, other than these for May'13 examinations. And these ammendments were taught for November'12 examinations! 
What to do :/ 

Originally posted by : Parth Jain
Thanks a ton! But some teachers have upoaded a number of ammendments in income tax and service tax, other than these for May'13 examinations. And these ammendments were taught for November'12 examinations! 
What to do :/ 

First of all service tax syllabus of Nov 2012 now has no relevance for May 2013. It has been completely revamped and now it follows comprehensive taxation.
.
For November 2012 attempt, amendments upto April 2012 were applicable for direct tax. Now, for May 2013 attempt you have to do amendments declared between May 2012 – Oct 2012. Other than this, no need to look for anything else.

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details