Tax implications on sale of used object.

Do I need to pay sales tax or any other kind of tax if I sell my used musical instrument at a price say of more than 10 thousand? Actually when I purchased it no cash memo was given to me and while selling it I can not issue any cash memo either. In case the buyer deposits the amount to my savings bank account by electronic transfer and I send the item by courier, will there be any problem in future? Please note that considering prices of purchase and sale, I am incurring a loss. I have absolutely no idea about tax implications of used items. So any advice will be appreciated in this regard. Thanks.
Replies (2)

Dear AP, u need not to pay any tax on the sale of personal use items

Thank you for your reply.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details