Easy Office

Tax credit mismatch even though tds entries in return matching with form26as

Page no : 2

Devanathan M (Retired) (53 Points)
Replied 05 June 2019

For the relevant AY

1. View form 26AS from efiling website and check all TDS claimed  are correctly reflected in it. Download it in PDF.

2. Download your submitted return and check whether you have correctly entered all TDS details in the form as reflected in 26AS and as per the TDS certificates issued to you.

Once you make sure that there is no deficiency on your part and no inadvertant mistakes in the details furnished in the TDS columns ( Like TAN of the deductor, unique certificate number etc.,)

1. File another rectification request to "reprocess" ( of course you can't attach any documents with it. That is the worst part).

2. Once CPC confirms request received by email/SMS, raise an e-grievance attaching 1. copies of all TDS certifcates and any other proof in support of your claim, 2.the downloaded 26AS  and 3. screenshot of the page which says" Tax Credit Claimed is fully matched with tax credit available in 26AS"( for the relevant AY). That is what I did. A few days back I received the second rectified order by email showing no demand.). I am yet to receive the hard copy by mail.

3. If the Demand reflects in the "Work list" and/or compliance portal  asking you to comply " Disagree" stating reasons and also mentioning you have filed a rectification request. ( In my case such a demand was therein he worklist initially and by the time I wanted to respond it went missing.as stated in my earlier post)

Shailesh Das (na) (39 Points)
Replied 05 June 2019

Thank you Devanathan!

I'm not able to file another rectification request as the previous one is still showing as 'submitted' (when I check 'Rectification Status'). weird but I received the sms/email with cpc order 152 attached.

Yes, there is a demand in my worklist.

I have today only opened the Grievance and attached all PDFs - 26AS, ITR 5 Ack, 143(1),152 (reveived just today). I'm not able to open another rectification as the earlier one still showing as 'submitted'. 

Guess I need to wait for some more time for it to change of status?

PS -

When I initially opened the Rectification back in April 29th with option 'Reprocess' I didnt submitted any grievances. After someday the Demand disappeared.

But today it reappeared with a huge amount!! and received order 152 by mail and sms notificaion

Replied 06 June 2019

The rectification status will show as "Submitted" only. That in any case does not bar you from filing  a rectification request for the recent order. Go to efile > Rectification and proceed quoting the rectified order no. you just received and you should be able to file your rectification request. for reprocessing as you did for the first time.

( In my case also both the first Rectification request and the second rectification request show as "submitted" only even today, though I have received rectified orders for both the requests, the first one long back and the second one ( No demand)  on 25     April.. You will find the real status descripttion in My Account > View efiled returns > IncomeTax returns > Submit  which will show all your efiled returns, Click on the "Acknowledgement No " for the relevant AY and that will show all the process your return has gone through. It will show the rectified order details - Date of order, date SMS sent and date email was sent.)

Replied 06 June 2019

I wish it could allow me but that's definitely not the case.

Here's the error I'm getting when trying to submit rectification request again -

https://monosnap.com/file/vJtXJmk6AyvSpJmQYD9IS61sGlvOHe

Replied 06 June 2019

OK. Did you check the actual status? 

You will find the real status descripttion in My Account > View efiled returns > IncomeTax returns > Submit  which will list all your efiled returns, Click on the "Acknowledgement No " for the relevant AY and that will show all the process your return has gone through. It will show the rectified order details - Date of order, date SMS sent and date email was sent.

Once it  is reflected there, from there you can file the rectification request.

Note:If you check My Account > View efiled returns/Forms > Rectification, it will only show the Submitted Status.It will not show the Processdd Status

Attached File : 1613009 20190606091733 06 jun 19 8 23 09 am.pdf downloaded: 58 times

Replied 06 June 2019

Hi,

Today it showed all the process under 'My Account > View efiled returns > IncomeTax returns > Submit'

I just submitted the Rectification request today for 'Reprocess Only'. Also submitted the Grievance and Disagreed with Demand and mentioned the Grievance No.

Replied 18 June 2019

Hi Devnathan,

Today I got 2nd rectified response. This time its all good and correct ! No demand!

Thanks for help

Replied 18 June 2019

You are most welcome. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: